The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Time Buyer

ADD

Doesn't matter , they're both good.

Just consider that the insurance will be more for an import.

Look at the condition of the car, good and bad ones in both UK and imports.

I haven't read anything on here about anyone regretting getting one instead of the other!

You Will Be Happy With Either An Import Or UK Car So Just Do Your Reasearch. BTW Is It Not Tiring Capitolising Every First Letter?

The forum does it automatically if you type your whole post in SHOUTY CAPS LOCK ON MODE ;) :p :D

You're more likely to find an import with lower miles.. its hit and miss with spec, so you'll have to do a little research for the type of equipment you want before you pick it up. You get the hightest spec with the UK models and with generally lower insurance rates.

Try doing a search through the forum, this topic has been covered lots of times.. check out the FAQ too :thumbs:

Judging by how easy it is to clock these cars, I'd wonder the value of a 10+year old car with 'low mileage' and no MoTs to back it up.

(There was even a 93 jap supra with 27K miles on Autotrader a few weeks back, somehow it made me smile, but then it's just me, cautious, lol)

Then again you could always uprgade later to bigger brakes, bigger injectors, wilder inlet cam, glass headlights, front leather, etc etc

Then again you could always uprgade later to bigger brakes, bigger injectors, wilder inlet cam, glass headlights, front leather, etc etc

I think it's mostly the brakes that people want. No need to mess with injectors and cams for most people, BPU is enough for most.

Nice to have leather though! Which I've got! ;)

Judging by how easy it is to clock these cars, I'd wonder the value of a 10+year old car with 'low mileage' and no MoTs to back it up.

(There was even a 93 jap supra with 27K miles on Autotrader a few weeks back, somehow it made me smile, but then it's just me, cautious, lol)

Fair point, if i was buying again i'd look for a 'one/two owner from import' import, with good uk history from when it arrived. A car like this particularly if it has no major modifications has obviously led as easy a life as a MKiv TT can.

Privately sold cars are the best buys IMO, you need to be on the ball but bargains appear due to sellers lack of knowledge of the supra market.

The transmission and diff coolers are also nice to have, and the bonnet scoop helps reliability during hot days, IMO.

Avoiding botched km->mph conversions is another bonus.

The final drive of the jap spec is shorter, as I recently discovered, so that might explain some of their perceived (or even measured) performance advantage.

My ideal Supra would be a pitch black hybrid between UK spec and late jap VVTI and targa (doesn't exist though!)

As Already Mentioned I Am A First Time Buyer Be Hopefully, But Desperately Need Help In Choosing Whether To Get A SUPRA Uk Spec TT Or A Import TT???

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT ON THIS MATTER PLEASE!!!!

Hi Ya,

im in the same boat as you. I have been looking for some time now to buy a supra and i realy wanted a J-Spec Supra. However after reading up and getting insurance quotes it looks like i'll be after a uk spec now.....

But hey, i can't see an out right advantage in one or the other..... apart from the insurance that is...... :friday:

hey how ya doin? i have been looking for a long time now to find a nice one wiv good millage but i am havin no luck!!!!

the insurance is really quite low 4 someone my age but when you want something you'll pay anything!!