The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to spend my wedge on....

TLicense

I would personally get a LIP / Chin (AMUSE IS THE BEST) for £250-350 sprayed... Some VERY nice examples with JUST this body modification!

May be sell up the alloys and get a better wider set Add £600 for new alloys over price you get for the old ones.

Get the Vortex BL 61 single in the car and have a mean looking stupidly fast car :respekt:

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/img_002/jza80_btop04_bb.JPG

Chuck some photos up & we'll see :)

Photo's of what? My money?

I've not decided upon the kit yet. Idealy I would go for the TRD kit, but since I've moved within spitting distance of Al Bundy, and the fact I'd have to wait another year to put the rest to it, I've kinda resigned to choosing something else. If I go for a body kit that is.

My current bodywork isn't exactly what I would call mint though. However going for a BIG single does sound like fun. Plus I get the added enjoyment of fitting it myself.

I've got 5K sitting in the bank allocated towrds Supra improvements. Should I;

a) get a body kit

b) get a big single

c) get something else

d) Donate it all to me as im trying to fund the Supra and buy a house and failing miserably :violin:

P.S. despite having no money if you do go for anew kit, can i have first dibbs on your old one

IMO most body kits fit where they touch and make the car look like something out of dan dare, if you remeber the comic strip hero... I think a bone stock bodied Supra is beoming a rareity and as such quite desirable. 5k won't anywhere near cover a proper turbo upgrade, so get something else. A years track days and the petrol for them, for example :)

Having the ECU already and not being afraid to map it yourself is gonna help :thumbs: My ECU/wideband/fields harness costs were about £600. The DLI is a bit take-it-or-leave-it in my mind at the mo, I'm still in two minds whether to leave mine on or not. The clutch is good, the FSE might need removing ;) You'll need an intercooler of some sort, big fronty or CW sidey - £500 to £1000. Bov - £200, hardpipes - £?, the cutting and welding involved in that - £60sih, and the turbo kit - £3000, and bigger injectors - £540 plus cleaning and flow testing £110...

That's about £4600 already, should be do-able for £5000 to cover unexpected costs. Don't think you'll squeeze a full respray out of the change though ;)

-Ian

That's exactly what I was thinking, a decent suspension setup will transform the car as I'm sure you are already aware. Other than that, just get the paint sorted, assuming it needs it, most kits spoil the appearance of a Supra. However, TRD skirts and rear wing are relatively subtle and don't spoil the lines of the car.

Good luck, have you really got 5k allocated to car mods or were you just getting bored when you posted this up ? :thumbs: :tongue:

OK I think I've decided on another option which should appease the supe gods for a while.

I think I'm going to go for the stock re-spray, to bring her back to the mint in box freshness she's long since lost, and then...

I think I'm going to get myself a recon TT lump strip it down and spend some time re-building it to absolutely mint condition with uprated internals and a good chunk of head work with the aim of installing with a large turbine kit of some kind maybe over the winter. That way I can do something a bit more special as I have a good chunk of expendable income each month to spend on the project and can build it up over time.

The only problem I've yet to overcome is I need a workshop of sorts, as I'm currently space inhibited. Doing all the machining work isn't a problem as I can bring components into work to do them, but I don't think they'll appreciate an engine sitting in the corner for 9 months or so. Suggestions anyone??? I suppose there's always the rent a garage from the council option (I think they're only about £5 a week!)

What do you recon?