The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with New Seats

Wolf

Despite trying out every other car I can think of from XKRs to 911s to DB7s I cannot find anything as quick and fun as the Supe that still seats my 2 kids so am keeping the Supe and going single turbo etc..

BUT the kids are now getting bigger and I'm 6'2" so need my seat right back to drive comfortably - a problem for my back seat passenger as that leaves no leg room - I can move my seat forward to give them a little room but only for short drives as it gets uncomfortable for me

So does anyone know if any after market seats like the Cobras etc are thinner in the back etc (with all their fancy carbon seat backs etc) and would give a few inches extra leg room to a passenger in the back?

If anyone has fitted these and noticed a difference I'd be grateful to know

TBH, I think you are going to struggle here Wolf :(

I'm 6' 3" and still require my seat to be all the way back in my Sparco Milano's but, mine are not a "hard back" seat like some so, maybe light weight units would give an inch ? but, at what cost to your comfort ?......I don't think any seat is going to give a few inches!

Can I ask how old your kids are ?

(Just so I know at what age/height the soop becomes unusable in the rear for the nippers :) )

The kids are now 10 and 13 but even with the 10 yo behibd me and his legs crushed I have to be uncomfortable...

I do prefer reclining seat TBH as I have a F**cked back from jumping out of planes too much so it's hard to get a comfy position.

Oh well, I guess it's time for me to sell the kids!