The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another "be careful out there" post

lust2luv

with a plate like 563 HP he must have be going fast :(

I know, it sounds like a line from that TV series with American Police chases presented by that stupid prissy bloke with the bottled tan and every strand of hair dyed on an individual basis!

How incensitive can they get the poor bloke has lost his life...and they make a big thing out of his reg number...

Rest in Peace Comrade...heart goes out to his family too!

Si

:(

Guess if you're broadsided by 2.5 tonnes of this:

http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/towing.vehicles/04.chevrolet.suburban.500.jpg

..you're not gonna stand much of a chance. Although note it looks like it impacted the passenger side.

:looney:

The point is that massive SUVs like that are IMO MORE dangerous than fast cars like Supras. Reason being that SUV drivers tend to feel more cushioned from the realities of being near the road, as they're miles away up in their comfort zone. They also feel that if they crash it doesn't matter if their 2 tonne weight crushes the other poor driver - cos they'll be safe

This is very very sad and shows just how dangerous high powered cars can be, especially as the guy wasn't a youngster and it looks perfectly dry and sunny too.

I don't see what the SUV has to do with his death though, he lost control and crashed into the SUV its not their fault, in fact they could have been killed too if they were in a small car but instead only suffered mostly bumps and bruises.

RIP our supra buddy.....

As for the fecking guy on the left, he looks like he is enjoying that far to much for this type of situation!

The actual impact looks like it was side on, but it looks like the aerotop has just bucket and kicked up, thus leaving the rest of the side to take the brunt. I wonder whether the guy would of survived (just) if it were a hardtop?

So sorry for the victims family. Typical press.

I cant speak for the targa, but I have sat in a hard top JDM car that had hit a low wall at 120mph , side swiped the front NS wheels and suspension clean off and tore a hole in the roof from sliding down the road. The impact was so hard the back of the block came away attached to the gear box. The passenger compartment was about two inches shorter and two inches lower than standard after the impact. I could not believe how tough it was.

I guess even a 60 + 60 impact with an SUV is going to be much worse than a low wall at 120.