The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New PMR446 Radio with better range

Green Peace

As most know...quite a few of us use the PMR 446 radios for meets n stuff, and have proved v useful on trips abroad...a lot of newcomers dont know about these. Of course not all of us use them or find them useful...but have to say they have been really useful when a few of us had gone on convoys abroad.

BUT....look at this its a new product from Germany for 75 Euros and its totaly legal to use and is CE approved...it has a small mag mount which you can stick in front of the spoiler and it should stay put at excessive speeds...but unit should offer twice the range of the normal ones due to its external antenna.

http://www.albrecht-online.de/lpd/produktlpd.php3?idartikel=1262

you can of course get a good conventional set (a pair and slot in chargers with CTCSS tones) for £30 now

I can't read german... do they ship to the UK?

Are you buying any of these then Green Peace?

Not sure if they ship to the UK...i dont see any reason why not, they are CE approved and exactly the same frequency and spec!

Will definately increase range with an outside antenna...the lead btw is longer than the one in the pic...just incase you wondered...could be cool I reckon!