The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st Test Drive!!!!!!!

suprasam

Wow just test driven my first Supra this morning what a car!!!! It was a Non Turbo Auto and drove very well - i was extremely impressed with the drive it was comfortable and very smooth. The model concerned was an Aerotop which was lovely and something i will definitely look for when buying a Supra if i can find one.

The auto box surpassed my expectations and was keen and eager - it was as comfortable accelerating as it was gently cruising through town. I am definitely hooked and WILL buy a Supra.

One thing i wondered is there was a button next to the shifter marked MANU?? When pressed MANU ON lit up on the dash and i wasn't sure what this was?? Also am i right in thinking the overdrive button just holds the gears for longer??

The example in question had cloth front seats and leather/vinyl rear seats?? Is this common on Supras?? Seems an odd thing to do.

Well to sum up it was definitely the best car i have ever driven and meets all the criteria for owning one - the hunt will begin shortly and hopefully will soon be the proud owner of one.

Cheers

Suprasam

Glad you liked the supra :thumbs: the auto box is great isn't it... grows on you too (like a fungus :) )

If you do a search for manu button and overdrive you'll find loads of explanations, all much better than I can come up with :)

Good luck on the ownership front!

It was fantastic Faye - i had loads of expectations and it just blew them away!!!!! So let me get this right - if you put overdrive on it still drives as an auto but revs higher - if you turn MANU on it allows you to shift between the first three gears?? i.e L being 1st 2 being 2nd and d being 3rd right??

Or have i got wrong end of stick??

I so need one now - i drove it and now its like a drug in me - i just need it again!!!!! The sun was out this morning and the guy at the garage took the top out for me - just cruising at 30 with the roof out gave me such a feeling and people everywhere just stop and stare!!!!!! I cannot describe how it made me feel except i need one SOON!!!!

Suprasam

P.S My name is actually Si but for some reason wouldn't let me have Suprasi so me cat was sat with me who is called Sam!!!! Sorry for any confusion!!!

Its funny - they had an NA and a TT there and whilst i was tempted to try the TT as well i know that my budget can't afford a TT and as a consequence didn't want to put a downer on the experience i had with the NA if you see what i mean.

TT is definitely the way forward but like i said i was loving cruising along at 30/40 mph with the sun shining roof out and some tunes on and that is what is important to me its the look and experience more than the power. Coming from a 150bhp Audi 225bhp is still very quick for me.

Don't get me wrong long term there is a TT somewhere in the pipeline but for now and with summer knocking on the door an NA Aerotop is my weapon of choice!!!!! LOL

Suprasam(si!!)

Well my car has sold and i have a healthy bank balance (for a short while!!!) the hunt can now well and truly begin - thanks for everyones help over the last few weeks, you knowledge has been invaluable. No the info will help me in buying a good un!!!!!

As soon as there are any developments or a puchase on the go i will let you know!!!!

FAO Barney - you seem quite local i live in WSM - if i found one locally i don't suppose i could call on you if i have any queries?? Bit cheeky i know.

Suprasam

FAO Barney - you seem quite local i live in WSM - if i found one locally i don't suppose i could call on you if i have any queries?? Bit cheeky i know.

Suprasam

No problem Sam, would be happy to help if I can. I'll PM my phone number to you. Worth noting though, I'm on holiday for two weeks from the 17th.

If you also just fancy a chat or perhaps a meet give me a call :thumbs:

Sweet - don't know if you read above but i am actually Si but it wouldn't let me have Suprasi???!!!??? Anyway thanks for the number will almost definitely take you up on that. Cheers

Also what fuel does the NA run on???

Suprasam (Si!! :) )

No problem Si, look forward to talking.

Regarding fuel. Pesonally I use Shell Optimax, but they should run quite happily on ordinary unleaded....the choice is yours.