The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much do you think you've spent on your Supra over the years?

Aerotop Dave

A possibly sensitive subject, I know, but I just wondered how much people think they've spent on their beastie over the years. I'm currently at £14,600 and about to stick another £2300 on that. After that I've promised myself I'm not doing anything else ( :rolleyes: ) but that brings the total to a whopping £16,800. Add on another couple of hundred for various bits and bobs and the figure of £17,000 is probably about right.

Current value of car? Pffffft, £10,000 maybe?! :( hehe

So what about anyone else?

There was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

I worked my spending out and it was really shocking, i had no idea how much I had spent... Last year I bought the car for just under £11k from Paul Evans. Since then I spent around £5500 on modifications, £1800 on maintenance and £3800 on bodywork and new body kit (after a minor accident).

So, in the last year I've spend as much on the car as the cost of the car itself.

If I were to sell I don't expect to see ANY of the money I spent add to the value of the car!! Not that I have any plans on selling of course :)

I spent about 600 quid developing a cat pipe set up, and about 60 quid on a fuel cut remover. But after this horrendous expenditure I sold it for a decent profit over its purchase price, so didn't feel TOO bad :)

I have spent an obscene amount of money on other cars though! And absolutely NOT sold them for a profit :(

Wow! I thought I'd spent a lot of mine but it's nothing in comparison to some of you guys! I've spent around £7000 over three years on servicing and mods. Hardly anything has gone wrong with it either, so I've been pleased with it :D

Dodge Viper GTS will have to wait a bit longer...

Right then......Bought my 93 J spec almost 8 years ago for £19000 (ouch) spent 22k on it so far, another 6k on the waiting list. Sounds a lot, but average that over 8 years (5k/yr) its about the same as i was loosing running Porsches for the previous 10 years. Oh and WAY more fun than ANY Porsche!