The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mot Time Coming Up Recommendations Anyone

mr lover

It has a s/s powerflow exhaust and i am told it has the 1st cat is there but the 2nd cat has been removed. It is a non turbo and it looks like the first cat is a the bottom of the manifold and from there is a single pipe to the back box. Haven't had the car that long and my first supe so not very clued up yet.

Any help gratefully recieved

Gary

If it still has its first cat, it should be fine on emissions. Really any local MOT testing centre should be okay - best to find one where you can observe the test, if you want to make sure they look after your p&j. Should be no different to any other car, so long as it's been properly converted for the UK (rear fog light is the main thing).

:looney:

I can't understand why you'd find any MOT place better or worse than any other? If it's got at least one cat it should pass any UK emissions test just fine. I'd just take it to the nearest MOT staion and not worry about travelling et cetera. The test is the same wherever you go unless you find some dodgy place, which will be known and probably being watched ;)