The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car dyno'd today

Paul -C-

Apart from waiting almost 3 hours to get the car on the dyno the day went pretty well.

Came back as 396.5 bhp and 374.3 ft/lb. I think it was around 360 bhp at the wheels.

More importantly the fueling was perfect :thumbs:

Now I just need an extra 3.5 bhp to get an even 400 :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of setting up one of these dyno thingymebobs. Not to tune or do anything clever like that but just power runs so that I can tell everyone that their car has just made 800BHP.

I guarantee I will be having people from miles around coming there so that they too can hear those magic words :D

Me a cynic? Heaven forbid :rolleyes:

That seems like a huge figure for just a decat, where did you get that dyno'd mate?

I've got a lot more mods and the car is in great running order yet 'only' made 323 rear wheel bhp @ 1.2bar. This was at a dyno dynamics rolling road (supposedly one of the most accurate on the market) at Surrey rolling road.

Very nice Paul, could help explain some of your traction problems hehe :D
Hehe yeah maybe I just need to be a bit more careful ;)

That seems like a huge figure for just a decat, where did you get that dyno'd mate?

I've got a lot more mods and the car is in great running order yet 'only' made 323 rear wheel bhp @ 1.2bar. This was at a dyno dynamics rolling road (supposedly one of the most accurate on the market) at Surrey rolling road.

I got it done at http://www.dastek.co.uk/

Seems to be a lottery with these dyno's - with regard to what the power figures they churn out.

396 bhp with 374 ft Ibs of torque seems very high on a BPU stock turbo Supe. I'd be inclined to get car dyno-ed again at least 2 other different places & then compare the 3 readings that you have.

Seems to be a lottery with these dyno's - with regard to what the power figures they churn out.

396 bhp with 374 ft Ibs of torque seems very high on a BPU stock turbo Supe. I'd be inclined to get car dyno-ed again at least 2 other different places & then compare the 3 readings that you have.

Thats exactly what I'm planning. Hopefully should get another run at SRR this Sunday, then will try Thor and a couple in London over the next month to see how they compare. I'm most interested in the readings for A/F and RW Torque.

Paul, just ignore the doubters here, just cause their heap didnt dyno well doesnt mean yours cant.

I'll be dyno'd on a dynopack next week and you can be sure that after that dynopacks will be rubbish and my figure will be doubted. Maybe some people need to accept their engine is a crock and their are better ones out there with more compression.

Its the old car club chip on the shoulder crap, "mine didnt do that well so yours couldn't". How ****** sad. well wishers galore........"dont you enjoy your car anymore than me" etc

Well done Paul, i hope you are well proud of your motor. Health to enjoy :-)

Paul, just ignore the doubters here, just cause their heap didnt dyno well doesnt mean yours cant.

I'll be dyno'd on a dynopack next week and you can be sure that after that dynopacks will be rubbish and my figure will be doubted. Maybe some people need to accept their engine is a crock and their are better ones out there with more compression.

Its the old car club chip on the shoulder crap, "mine didnt do that well so yours couldn't". How ****** sad. well wishers galore........"dont you enjoy your car anymore than me" etc

Well done Paul, i hope you are well proud of your motor. Health to enjoy :-)

You are obviously correct Chief. My crock of shit engine with its uprated cams, uprated fuel system, new single turbo and a host of other crock of shit mods can never compare to your super powered wonder car. :rolleyes:

C.J. to Jake >>> help me out! he is at me again

Jake to C.J. >>> no problem big boy LMFAO!!

If c.j. wants to start a post about his car than fine, but there aint much point in coming into this one and trying to put a DAMPENER on some elses good day.

get over it, they guy did well ! hip hip! HHOOORRRRRRRRRRAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

Chief, if I remember correctly, prior to me being banned from the "other" board, weren't your BHP claims ridiculed there too? And I seem to recall you taking umbridge then and claiming that they were just jealous. Ah well, some things never chage eh? :rolleyes:

Is this forum about encouraging Supra owners to do well with their cars or put them down? Make your minds up? and stick to it then.

I thought it was about disseminating good information not "pub bragging rights" type figures.

actually CJ, not only did i dyno then, but twice after managed two much bigger figures, even won a dyno shoot out.

Difference was I had a 10,000 miles engine that was crisp with "other mods" Car went to other dyno's and gave the same (within 5%) figures. I have since met 7 owners who also did my sort of figures, but are afriad to talk about then in a forum because of the usual "heckler crowd". I was no fluke, it just a pity there are so many opinionated people who dont need a rolling road to give exact power figures.

the normal rolling roads seem to give good and bad readings. dyno shoot outs i been to they struggle getting power down. sometimes have a few people sat in boot to get weight over wheels.

thor seems good as it is very accurate.

who cares what dyno numbers you have its how it goes on black tarmac