The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UKTT6 in Autotrader

Guest Irish Supra

I remember a few UK cars coming over there when I was looking, they seemed to be a lot cheaper than over here - is that normally the case?

Like you say that's a good price for a UK6 but the wing needs to go... I could probably live with the colour.

RZ is not UK Spec related. Weird colour and that wing is hideous.. im sure if he sprayed the car blue/black and took that off the back he could add a few grand to that price.. although no miles are mentioned Im guessing it could be fairly high considering its a 93 model.

when I saw the picture my first thought was that that rear wing was just like a carbunckle on the back of it, but then I thought better not say so, others may like it. Then I saw the rest of the posts and it seems like everyone agrees.

Not sure I'm too impressed that it looks a bit like "you've been Tango'd" either.

You can only get away with a wing like that when the whole car is modded imho. Wheels, body kit, graphics (maybe) and done well. Its too showy especially for a car that looks totally standard other than the flip paint.

But yeah, looks like F&TF tendanceies :read:

Guest Irish Supra
is it normal to be both "RZ" and "UK"?

I'd think that the bonnet scoop could have been fitted when they did the bodykit

I think the RZ bit was just thrown in. It has the scoop and headlight horns so I would think it is a genuine UK car.

If the milage wasn't to high, it might be a good buy. Just loose the wing and put on a stock one or a carbon blade style one (trd??)

Although with that colour, it might be hard to match paint!

is it normal to be both "RZ" and "UK"?

I'd think that the bonnet scoop could have been fitted when they did the bodykit

Hmmm. don't fink there is a bodykit fitted and from all accounts i think the car is a "GZ", Might of been a Auto Trader Blunder. Don't Know...

From what i have learned, is the car is full uk spec GZ Model. I called the owner to day and he is a supra fan, i'm not going in to his reason for selling but he did seem a nice guy, with a better that average excuse for selling.

The car has cruise control, Full cream leater front to back. Heated Seat's, Traction Control, Air Con, Big Breaks with the words SUPRA embosed on them and has full working auto or active fingy-me-bob at the front....

i have the serial number of the car so if anyone could tell me how to identify if it's a uk car then bobs your uncle.

The miles if i rember correct was 100,000 give or take a few...

But Hey, Not my colour and i don't like that wing!! Personaly the movie F & TF did not do my chances of owning one of these super cars any good....

But a Man 6, UK Hmmmmmmm :sly: Watch this space.......

There are fron light washers on there I think.

I don't think I have ever seen them on a Jap Spec. They were std on the UK'er however.

That has me thinking it is a UK car.

I'm sure Toyota could help identify if you have the chassis number.

There are a few other things to check... but I thought GZ's were all autos? Rear lights and fog-light, the stereo system, cream interior, leather and carpets, cruise, washers - check the dash for the button for the headlight washers to see if its original or an add on, big brake set up, glass headlights, 550cc injectors (maybe a garage can help you out here), if its got foldy mirrors its likely a J-spec.. sounds dubious, the seller doesnt seem to know what hes trying to sell!?

Another thing to check is the service history, or purchase history, if it goes back to 93 then your lucks in I guess.

Guest oconnordaithi

hi everyone.... I'm actually the owner of the "tango'd" car with the hideous rear (carbunckle)wing... I assume you guys don'tspend your time slagging off other peoples cars as there would be no members!

Anyway the car is a uk spec car should have been gz in add. Has non folding mirrors,glass headlights,cruise control,heated seats,front headlight washers,big breaks,bonnet scoop mph clocks,front auto spoiler. If you look at the chassis plate on the car it will have an E before the no if its jap follow the link.. http/www.mkiv.co.nz/specs.htm

Car is an unfinished project bought as is with paint and wing due to a change in my circumstances im selling it.... You could also phone toyota Ire and they can track the car.

hi everyone.... I'm actually the owner of the "tango'd" car with the hideous rear (carbunckle)wing... I assume you guys don'tspend your time slagging off other peoples cars as there would be no members!

You'd be suprised :D I remember not so long ago the infamous "do you like my bonnet scoop" thread.

Wouldnt worry it's mostly good natured opinions :)