The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift rear lights

Guest Irish Supra

Has anyone got any pics of the facelift rear lights with the clear indicator lens mod?

If so post 'em up...

The clear rear light mod (swapping UK/J-spec lenses) is only possible on the pre-facelift rears as the lenses on the face-lift rears are a different diameter.

The clear rear light mod (swapping UK/J-spec lenses) is only possible on the pre-facelift rears as the lenses on the face-lift rears are a different diameter.

the mod can be done. you do not need uk lenses you need two lots of jspec lenses. i think kevin huntley has it done on his iirc

Irish Supra, might be worth keeping an eye on the 'headlights/tailights' group buy that's going on - judging by the number of facelift rear lights being ordered I suspect they'll be quite a few old rear lights going and you could snap a load up and do the clear light mod :)

Guest Irish Supra

What I would like to do is use the parts from 2 sets of facelift rears to make a set with the amber lenses removed. So what I need to know is, are the amber and clear lenses on facelift rear lights the same diameter?

:D

:hijack:

dude what are all those plugs on the bumper for? (bet im asking a really stupid question :p)

As LEETT says 1's a kill switch and the other 2 are jumper posts for the battery which is in the boot , so i dont have to take ages if i get a flat battery .

Dude :innocent: