The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift SZ-R questions

Guest Irish Supra

Guest Irish Supra

I am going to be getting a Supra soon, probably a SZ-R as a TT with the spec/colour I want is waaay to expensive.

Anyway, if I get a 96 or 97 SZR do they have the 17" wheels and big brakes? What about the active spoiler?

I know the szr has the 6 speed and LSD, leather as well I think, but can anyone confirm the other bits?

BTW I am looking for a 96 or 97 6 speed in RSP or gunmetal grey.

Ta

Ciaran

Ciaran (sorry been busy!)

The SZ-R 6 Speeds are definitely equipped with a LSD but from there i think almost all the other bits were optional.

The think they were made with light weight and sportiness in mind, the LSD lower ratio 6-speed box etc to maximise the NA's BHP.

So basically, it won't necessarily come with the big brakes (but lots of facelift NA's do, even regular sz's)

Active spoiler is again an option on them i believe.

Leather is a possible option (not seen any myself) although SZ-R's have a non-electric drivers seat (again to save weight)

EG my old rsp SZ-R has no active spoiler, small j-spec brakes, and cloth interior, but is 6-speed and has a LSD.

Guest Irish Supra

The SZ-R 6 Speeds are definitely equipped with a LSD but from there i think almost all the other bits were optional.

The think they were made with light weight and sportiness in mind, the LSD lower ratio 6-speed box etc to maximise the NA's BHP.

So basically, it won't necessarily come with the big brakes (but lots of facelift NA's do, even regular sz's)

Active spoiler is again an option on them i believe.

Leather is a possible option (not seen any myself) although SZ-R's have a non-electric drivers seat (again to save weight)

EG my old rsp SZ-R has no active spoiler, small j-spec brakes, and cloth interior, but is 6-speed and has a LSD.

Scot,

Any news on your old SZ-R?

From what I understand, the pre facelift sz came as a 5 speed only.

The facelift sz is also 5 speed, but the facelift sz-r is a 6speed.

Scot,

Any news on your old SZ-R?

From what I understand, the pre facelift sz came as a 5 speed only.

The facelift sz is also 5 speed, but the facelift sz-r is a 6speed.

thats correct i believe....

....as for mine, i think the folks are keeping it for the time being.

Just need to be patient i think quite a few 6-speed NA's popping up recently, unfortunately you're after a specific colour!

Guest Irish Supra

I would love to get a TT but I really want a facelift supe, and the 6speed box. I can afford an auto 97 TT, but the manual is pricey.

What is a rough price for a 97 SZ-R 6 speed??

My 1994 SZ-R has a 5 speed box, LSD and electric drivers seat. Shit brakes and no active spoiler though.

Guest Irish Supra
My 1994 SZ-R has a 5 speed box, LSD and electric drivers seat. Shit brakes and no active spoiler though.

Exactly the spec I had in my last Supe. Didn't have ABS either.