The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody know these wheels?

JohnA

They came with the car, 18" and are a bit too 'bling' for my tastes.

I know nothing about such items, don't know of any brands/models either.

Anybody know what make they are? Cheers

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/images/supra/18_inch_wheel.jpg

Sorry for the ackward angle, but space is kinda tight in there.

yes.

fit a set of good standard ones and release some cash.

I have a deep dislike for large wheels, especially ones that stand out as much as these --- apart from forcing you to use low-profile tyres which I also dislike.

...plus they make the car stand out even more, and the Supra is already too flash for my tastes.

You see the Calibra I could use everywhere, because it's so ordinary (and mine was tatty-looking, mostly intentionally)

I could go to carboot sales, the tip, whatever.

And with over 300bhp on tap it could kick the ass of most cars on the road, the 4x4 helping a lot in the winter too. Nobody with a so-called 'performance' car expects a Calibra to whoop them, so the element of surpise was nice. Most people lose their bottle after 120 anyway, so they wouldn't stand a chance (in the limited occasions that I'd be in 'playful' mood)

With the soop there's nothing like that, people even wait in junctions for you to filter in, so they can admire the car! Funny, but true. Takes some getting used to, I guess. :D

Hi-join 147's, quite a common choice for soops, they go over UK brakes, but do not allow wider than 265 tyres on the rear.

Ive got these wheels and have 2885s on the rear. Fit the wheels fine but i did have to roll my arches to stop them scraping. Check out the link in my sig for pics.

Good choice of wheels i think but obviously im going to be biased

john - i've got pretty much the same affliction as you mate, although i do love my supra and enjoy it to bits, i do find myself remembering my old turbo'd datsun and its raw fighter feel. Nobody messes with you in a supra and most other road users treat you as if you're an arrogant BMW driver....which is a shame :(

...Nobody messes with you in a supra and most other road users treat you as if you're an arrogant BMW driver....which is a shame :(

I took it down to Canterbury this Sunday, and for the first time in my life a Ferrari tried to race me, repeatedly.

Normally they wouldn't give a crap, except if I would flash them :tongue:

This one was open top (who buys a yellow ferrari anyway?) with a blonde of some sort as a passenger, and he dropped down a couple of gears as soon as I got behind him.

I was in 'overdrive' and stayed there, and suprisingly he couldn't shake me off. In fact, were it not for the noise he was producing, I'd think that he was cruising.

...so the soop may not be so slow after all, maybe the smooth ride is very deceptive.

I've got to get some real times with the accelerometer, I'm curious to see if it can really do 5s on my 'test road'