The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nifty looking number plate

mikeyb10supra

Hey guys

All of you that have fitted different front on your supe's......did you all use your existing number plate or did you get a smaller one made...I have seen a few supe's with a slightly smaller plate at the front and thinks it gives the car a much more clean refined look ;)

Also are there any legality issues with having a smaller plate........

can the fuzz do me for this?? :complain:

Thanks

Mikey

http://www.fancyplates.com have made up all my number plates in the past. You can choose custom sizes as well.

There is also no specific legal size for the plate itself. It is only the characters, font, spacing, borders, stroke that must adhere to certain dimensions, so it's perfectly feasible to have a 'small' and legal plate if you have a short registration.

I may be wrong here, but ive been told by someone i know very closely who is a copper that to be legal you have to have either the standard plates or the square jap style plates. These smaller plates as pictured above and smaller bike style plates are illegal. I may be mistaken. Best thing to do is to ask a local copper

GT Grafix made up my plates, the letters are 1mm short of legal and the spacing between them is 1 or 2mm off but, the rest of the plate (boarder) is trimmed away to aid in air flow to the FMIC.

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/April05Front1.jpg

As Fayes brother has pointed out, we can probably get away with the smaller 'import' size lettering etc, so if you stick to the minimum border width around the lettering, you can have a slightly smaller plate.

....until someone tries to enforce the law to the nth degree.