The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Make sure you clean out those wheel arches

Aerotop Dave

It's been said on here before but it's worth saying again: make sure you clean out the inside lip of your wheel arches, especially the rear ones. Was cleaning the mighty brute yesterday and you would not believe the amount of crap I managed to fish out just by stuffing the hose up there and running my finger along the inside of the wheel arches. Loads of horrible grey roadside muck. Wasn't difficult to get out, but keeping all that damp crap in there isn't going to do the metal much good.

It's good doing the shiney stuff but make sure you do the 'maintenance' cleaning as well :thumbs:

Possibly... The problem is trying to get it into a position where you can shoot it into the wheel arch. You need to get inside the wheel arch bit that doubles back on itself.

You should be able to do it with your fingers - just make a sort of w*nking shape without the thumb and then hook them inside the wheel arch. If you soften up the muck with a hose first (just shove the hose in the wheel arch and aim it back as best you can) your fingers will clear out the soften crap easily.

Possibly... The problem is trying to get it into a position where you can shoot it ... should be able to do it with your fingers - just make a sort of w*nking shape ...soften up the muck ... just shove .. and aim it back as best you can ... your fingers will clear out the crap easily.

Hmmmmm...... selective editing

R

Will a jet wash work for this job ? (I dont have one yet)

I use a normal hoselock head (non jet wash hose) and turn it 180 deg. You normally have to insert it from the rear and the double back so you are pointing the jet over the rubber of the wheel. You can only do this on your knees and you get muck all over you when you pull the trigger but, at least it give it a good blow out and is nice and clean afterwards.

I'm going to regret typing that :p but, I do it every time I wash the car :D

I have never been confused :D