The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Totb4

MONKEYmark

hi just been reading a big thread on GTR board, they arguing about people running race fuel and non road legal tyres. they were slagging supras off for there choice of tyres. just because you use sticky tyres dont mean they will work for you. is elvington anygood for BFG`s or ET Streets with it been a concrete runway. with race fuel i would think it more for safety, i know you can run more power. but if you invested lots in big power would it not be more for stopping det?

GTR TOTB4 thread

who have we got running for supras this year, what with all these big power supras out and about now. was just curious. so many good cars out and about. some have gone single and seem to have dissapeared. i know its not everyones cup of tea. but always good to see the big cars in action. should have plenty to go at this year with more people wanting to take part.

CRD supra

DUDE

LEON

PAUL W (not seen it run since rotostock)

IAN C

MATT H

KEVIN H

DARREN J ADAMS

any other cars wanting to take part?

I ran with DR's and plenty of skylines were running dunlop race tyres , CRD ran slicks in everything but tech point , they were marked up as road legal and were legal to use so whats the problem !!!!

Heres a pic of the ET Streets same as CRD used and what i intend to use , if it gets to the point of maybe getting excluded im confident i can hook up just as well using a genuine 'proper' steet legal DR like a Hoosier that id be happy to get a tug off plod and have on the car !!! :cool:

Dude :cool:

Dudes Whhels 001.jpg

Dudes Whhels 004.jpg

Dudes Whhels 009.jpg

dudes new wheels are very light with tyres. the skyline boys always arguing :)

nitto the ex supra owner saying

"NITO"

I ran Pirelli P-Zeros on my 550+bhp RWD Supra without Traction Control and used that regularly in the wet with no un-manageable traction issues at all.

Nito

550+HP to run a 13.44 @ 110 mph Nito (auto) JAP (HKS T04R) (Elvington) (Totb2) :limp: :limp: :limp:

thats not the best time in the world with all that power,I think a lot of it is about set up ,tyres and the driver.with that power though he should at least be in 11s or better with dr's .streeet tyres arent effective enough for a good launch with that sort of power.

Guest Terry S
you having a run out this year Terry?

Not really thought about it Rich TBH, the car really hasnt been built for this sort of thing (baby turbo), but may do. I'll wait and see what other proven cars are up for it.

hi just been reading a big thread on GTR board, they arguing about people running race fuel and non road legal tyres. they were slagging supras off for there choice of tyres. just because you use sticky tyres dont mean they will work for you. is elvington anygood for BFG`s or ET Streets with it been a concrete runway. with race fuel i would think it more for safety, i know you can run more power. but if you invested lots in big power would it not be more for stopping det?

GTR TOTB4 thread

who have we got running for supras this year, what with all these big power supras out and about now. was just curious. so many good cars out and about. some have gone single and seem to have dissapeared. i know its not everyones cup of tea. but always good to see the big cars in action. should have plenty to go at this year with more people wanting to take part.

CRD supra

DUDE

LEON

PAUL W (not seen it run since rotostock)

IAN C

MATT H

KEVIN H

DARREN J ADAMS

any other cars wanting to take part?

christian Dorans supra?michel lanes t78,shovels t78.

plenty of other people gone single recently?

should do well this year,we are getting better every year with knowledge of mapping singles starting to improve.

there seems so many single + big twin supras about and lots of them we know nothing of. there is also lots who not got any times. maybe they not into racing them.

should be a good year for supras. would be good to see who is up for entering.

hope they improve the toilets this year as its a joke having a portaloo with the amount of people that go there.

theres also that supra with flip paint job ,will that be ready in time?

will yours be ready for totb monkey?

not sure about mine. going to take time and get it right. do you think you will have new one in time. if you get it you want to go to thor and get them to check its running ok to be safe. which car you mean with flip paint job. i bet there wont be any places for stock turbo cars this year. hope we get some good times in before totb4. there is an elvington on the 10th of april think tim is going with his 2 new gtr`s and is the crd going to it or is it going on the scooby shoot out?

not sure about mine. going to take time and get it right. do you think you will have new one in time. if you get it you want to go to thor and get them to check its running ok to be safe. which car you mean with flip paint job. i bet there wont be any places for stock turbo cars this year. hope we get some good times in before totb4. there is an elvington on the 10th of april think tim is going with his 2 new gtr`s and is the crd going to it or is it going on the scooby shoot out?

fingers crossed ill have it in time,dont know where to take it for mapping if I get the car I am after its running HKS F CON ,I know terry knows a guy from overseas,what about rod bell ,I know he does them for skylines?

That car with flip paint job is the one which will run 2 t66 and 1600cc injectors from wales.

selling my old supra to mate who will want to try to run for club,have to see how it runs now its set up properly with boost wound up a bit and DR's,should be interesting.

well we will live in hope. i can feel it in my waters :p

every year really look forward to it and come away dissapointed. :violin:

Every year I look forward to it and come away having enjoyed the day even though a Supra didn't win. I particularly enjoyed last year with Dude's performance.

Some of the problems we face are;

1) Comparing 4WD/RWD/FWD at TOTB is like comparing apples and pears with some other kind of fruit.

2) Some people spend all year making their cars ready for one or two events; understandable from anybody's point of view but it means we don't see them at all if something goes wrong last minute.

If we want to win events outright maybe we should make one up ourselves? How about a RWD mini series (drag/handling/top speed) with several dates in the year? Anyone could win that, especially if we got the points weighted correctly.

sounds a good idea, maybe a supra event to compare apples with apples lol. rwd can compete with 4wd cars. you are always there at events having fun :)

you could have a supra only event with different classes to give everyone a chance to take part.

race class for big power single/twins

stock turbo anything goes class

stock turbo street class

LOL! A class thread coming from them!

They started the turning of TOTB from road cars to road 'legal' cars buying drag cars, stripping them etc etc (extreme, not just removing seats sorta stuff), now other clubs are following suite, they get all butt-hurt!

Fuel regs are unworkable, tire regs are fine. The event changed direction at TOTBII, and it is too late to change back now. Leave it as is IMHO. The more rules, the more uneven the playing field, as people find ways around them.

BTW, I don't think NITO's Supra would have had traction problems on ice.

Sure the Supras will do quite well this year, hopefully the bugs have been worked out of the newer singles, and I am sure Dude will impress as always. By the sounds of it, he won't have to count as one of the clubs' cars, since (if my memory serves me right) he won a shootout v the CRD car, he will be invited back.