The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to try out the car...?

Dragonball

OK guys - thinking about this the other night (well every now and then even numpties do it!) - and wondering where you can take the car for a blast to check it out?

Not public roads - forget them (even the quiet ones):)

Abandoned airfields / tracks / private roads?? Etc

Not necessarily 'free' - but somewhere that you can check out the mapping / practice etc

Any thoughts / contacts / info?

We seem very lacking in official places to take the cars to try them out around the south east. There's always trackdays, but the costs aren't in their favour.

They used to have a dragstrip at Blackbushe aerodrome (near Camberley) but that shut years ago :(

I'm always looking for somewhere to test things I've done, without driving to the Pod or places as far away. So far the A217 seems to be the favourite ;) but I suppose its only a matter of time before I get caught :(

I've often said that if I ever won the lottery I'd set up a local dragstrip. Seeing the number of boy racers around this area, I'm sure that it would be popular, even if it wasn't with the neighbours :D

when you have 6 points you start to get parranoid about speed cameras and police. i always see people getting pulled by cops.

dont you find you looking over your shoulder all time looking for police cars. a bpu eats road up pretty fast so dont know what it must be like for single cars that sound like jet fighters lol

what car you running now paul

How about a Dyno Paul , go on you you know you want to , we can allways put castors on so paul K can drift it around the workshop !!!!!

Or and i dont know the feasability of this a simple roller system to enable the car to be driven under load , sort of lika a dyno with the expensive bit missing !!!!

Dude ;)

Paul, the old MOD place in Chertsey (though nearer Virginia Water) which used to be their Tank factory was taken over by QinetiQ (spelling might be wrong!!) and they have a great track there. I used it once on a complimentary day with Subaru and it was great, dunno if its still useable, be a shame if not, but would be a good place. They have a long 120mph+ corner before a long straight :cool:

Shame you don`t live closer to Lincolnshire. There`s 2 disused runways within 10 minutes of me. One of them we use regular to test my father-in-laws F2 car, it would be perfect for what you want.

That reminds me of when I used to live there... runways all over the place - Great for a kid on a bike...

When I used to do schools Karting, we used to go to RAF Malling in kent.... just a big bit of concrete which we used to set up the cones on and 'race'. Dunno if they still let you hire it or how you go about it.

That reminds me of when I used to live there... runways all over the place - Great for a kid on a bike...

When I used to do schools Karting, we used to go to RAF Malling in kent.... just a big bit of concrete which we used to set up the cones on and 'race'. Dunno if they still let you hire it or how you go about it.

It's a big housing estate now.! don't think the residents would be too happy lol