The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside Titanium Teardrop versus HKS titanium

RobSheffield

ok, searched loads, but its not specific enough to get a good result

i hear the HKS releases more power, but the Veilside is lighter. was convinced i wanted a Teardrop for so long, but im thinking, would it be worth spending that little bit more, or shall i stick with the teardrop?

i will be going single after i get the car, so that is i to be takin into consideration. I wonder. on a BL T71, with decats, 4" DP, Blitz FMIC and supporting fuel mods/AEM, how much difference will there be between the Veilside and HKS?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, searched loads, but its not specific enough to get a good result

i hear the HKS releases more power, but the Veilside is lighter. was convinced i wanted a Teardrop for so long, but im thinking, would it be worth spending that little bit more, or shall i stick with the teardrop?

i will be going single after i get the car, so that is i to be takin into consideration. I wonder. on a BL T71, with decats, 4" DP, Blitz FMIC and supporting fuel mods/AEM, how much difference will there be between the Veilside and HKS?

Have a read of MVP website for good description of each HERE

cheers Gaz, what i wanted to hear.....

Nic, i been on there, but it unhelpfully points out that HKS is ultimate, and Veislide is Rare!!

not much help! i think i will stick with the Veilside.

incidentally, i suppose i need a 4" midpipe....but the BL one is like £1800 surely thats wrong! is it a very complex bit of kit?

The HKS has the biggest diameter piping 115mm and is suppose to be one of the LOUDEST exhausts available.

The Veilside is very light, build quality is superb and it looks stunning. It will be a little quieter than the HKS given the smaller diameter piping.

Both very good quality exhausts.

Alex, what system do you have in place. i like the idea of Veilside lightness. can you match the Veilside with the BL Midpipe. probably not i suppose since Mid pipe is 4" and Veilside is 3"

is the BL full system all 4"? and is it S/Steel, or Ti?

The HKS is 4"

The veilside would prove to be a restriction. But not a bad one. You're prolly looking at a 30-60 RWHP loss over going 4" all the way (dependent on your final setup). Personally if I could I'd go 4" all the way...

I've got a T61 with a 3" exit to the turbine then I'm 3" all the way to the tip :)

Its steel right? So it wont be as light. Alex is correct that the Veilside is more restrictive. Leon runs with one, as does Paul Whiffin and their cars are well over 800bhp right? I dont think you need worry about a swap unless you crave that larger look.

lots of people do 4" exhausts now. if you going single you need to look into it a bit more. with a BL 4" DP/MP you will need a 4" vband exhaust to mate up to your downpipes.

the top HKS titanium race series is a 4" vband exhaust $1140

http://www.suprastore.com/hkstitracser.html

TOP SECRET Titanium 5 - 7 pounds in weight $1934

http://www.suprastore.com/topsectitexs.html

WOTM 4in Stainless Catback MKIV Supra wotm4incatback $950

http://www.wotm.com/wo4instcamks.html

Boost Logic 4" SS304 Polished Exhaust System $899

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts_supra.html

the veilside titanium has the standard exhaust flanges, so come single turbo time you will have that to sort out too. you can get adapters from v band to normal flanges.

not heard of the TOP SECRET exhaust before. there is lots of choices to go with.

The veilside would prove to be a restriction. But not a bad one. You're prolly looking at a 30-60 RWHP loss over going 4" all the way (dependent on your final setup). Personally if I could I'd go 4" all the way...

I've got a T61 with a 3" exit to the turbine then I'm 3" all the way to the tip :)

Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying that a 4" exhaust will gain you 30 - 60 RWHP over a 3" system? :conf:

Don't go for either. Ti is brittle and WILL crack.

Any opinions on this at all?

I very definately dont disagree with you TLicense, i know you know your stuff, and i do know Ti is brittle.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of Ti system cracking on a Supra?

im tempted to agree with bobbeh when he says

Leon runs with one, as does Paul Whiffin and their cars are well over 800bhp right

Dont worry CJ, you're not missing out on anything.

Didnt think I was missing out (well, OK, just a little bit :D ) but was interested to see how that sort of a power increase could be had from changing the exhaust diameter :conf:

TBH, if that is the case, I would have to seriously consider changing mine :thumbs:

go on supraforums they have claimed as much as 150hp by fitting 4" full system

with dp/mp on a big turbo set up.

I could Mark, but if i wanted fairy tales I would read Hans Christian Anderson books :D

30 - 60 seems optimistic - 150 seems ludicrous :rolleyes:

"Don't go for either. Ti is brittle and WILL crack."...

Ummm i must have put my foot in some S*it on the why in !!!!!!! i have never heard such crap !!!!!! had a hard day at work aswell :swear: .. i have had mine for one year and i run a T78 , have had no problems apart fron go deaf !!!!... i have a3inch down pipe , 75mm mid pipe and 3.5 inch rear ,, i got no issues of power either , say that i may be getting old and the reactions arnt there !!!!.... i would say both are as good as each other , the difference is the fitment , .5 inch aint going to make that much of a difference especially at 650 -750 hp , only when you start hitting the big number 900 - 1100hp, thats my views ..... hope i get luck tomorrow , so i can realease all this anger !!!!!!!!

p.s DONT take it offensive on my remarks !!!!