The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where can i plug my car in?

Steviekid

Got a problem with my car jerking really badly at low temperature but running perfectly when warm, sure its just a sensor but can't find out which one! Took the day off work yesterday and drove 60 miles to the nearest Toyota dealer (Carlisle) only to be told their diagnostic machine couldn't communicate with the car coz it's an import!! :complain: Does anyone know where would be able to plug the car in in the South West Scotland/Central belt area?

Oh and they still felt the need to test drive it and use three notches on the petrol gauge.

First things to check is the idle air control valve which is located at the back of the plenhum chamber on the left of it,take that off and leave it to soak in a bath of petrol over night, should be whats wrong with it

The all can do ODBI they've told you a bunch of lies IMO.

You can even do it yourself, LOOK HERE

The Idle Control Valve is a place to start you could also reset the ECU by pulling EFI fuses 1 and 2 in the passenger side engine bay fuse box (near battery). Pull them for 10mins to be sure.

Resetting the ECU will result in you losing all the stored diag codes...this is good cause then when you start her up next time you'll only get codes which are currently an issue.

HTH

Alex