The mkiv Supra Owners Club

toyota carina 2 2.0 16v

SUPRALOOPY

i have been given the said car for a run around, the only problem is it will not start from cold and eventualy starts after windind over and over with jump leads and then runs fine but if you put your foot down when its not up to temp it cuts out? i think it my be the temp sensor telling lies to the ecu? can any one help or have they a similar problem and how did you fix it.

the ecu has been checked and is under warrenty so i don't think it is that!! :violin: :( :swear:

There should be 2 temperature senders,one for the ECU and possibly one for the dash board,one of which could be knackered or the idle air control valve might be an option because that needs to open tho let in more fuel for cold starts