The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Official Veilside front bumper?

tbourner

How much is an OFFICIAL Veilside front bumper?

How quickly can they be delivered?

I've had the car in the body shop for a couple of weeks (because the other party admitted liability and I didn't fancy driving it with the bumper hanging off any more!), but they actually ordered the new bumper........... get this............. on 1st February!!!!!

They told the body shop it'd be 7-10 days!!!

I emailed them and they said the '96 bumper is a 6 week waiting list - but it's been nearly 9 weeks now!!!!

I'm thinking of cancelling and telling the body shop to order from someone else!!

No they're too official damn it. It's all gone through them I didn't even get a chance to talk to them about the repair really!!! Half expecting them to get a C2 instead actually!!

Not much I can do about any of it just sit back and wait (and complain when it goes wrong!!), just wondered if it's normal to wait 9 weeks for parts from Japan!!

£899, in stock in UK :)

Gaz.

You still got them in stock?

Someone from Cosham body shop may be contacting you (and Miami-GT as well as a few others probably!!).

Apparently after finally getting hold of the place they ordered it from, there's no record of it being ordered!!!!!

That's a nice 10 weeks wasted then.

£899, in stock in UK :)

Gaz.

This company have now told the body shop my bumper is in a crate, on a ship, in the docks in Japan and Veilside won't ship until they get a full shipload - fair enough.

They said I won't get my bumper till beginning of June - I can't wait that long.

I said cancel it and order one from Envy, they have them here now and will be with you to fit within a few days.

Apparently this company told him, that Veilside Japan have told them, that there are NO Veilside C1 bumpers in the UK AT ALL!!!!

So do you have one or are this company and/or Veilside telling the truth?

TBH I don't trust this company at all they've f**ked me about for ages now.

How much is a C2 by the way?

Can't be a copy, needs to be official. If the C2 is more expensive then it needs to be a C1 as well.

So Gaz/Paul/Chris/anyone, are there any Official Veilside C1 bumpers in the UK now or not?

If there are I'll tell the bodyshop Monday and they WILL order one from you!!!

Right, well the body shop have been on the phone to everyone this morning.

Envy and everyone else get their official bumpers from a European distribution centre, and that centre has no bumpers until June. So there is no way of getting an official Veilside bumper until then. Which may explain why Gaz seems to have disappeared from this thread!! :tumble: :stickpoke

So I'm taking the courtesy car back, the bumper has been stuck up with something (probably gaffa!!) and is now driveable including use of speedbumps!!

I have to pay approx £450 for the hire car, and then the exces plus another weeks hire in June when the bumper comes in!!

So I get my car back today, but still have a cracked bumper and smashed headlight, not to mention different alloys front and back and a busted nearside rear shock.

Happy days. :(

Hi Tom,

Sorry I don't get notified of thread updates.

They did have one when you enquired (I had spoken to them at the time). They then must have sold it, or had given me wrong information, nothing I can do about that!

Let me know if you need me to sort something else out. We sell lots of parts for insurance jobs and were VAT registered etc so you shouldn't have any problems...

Gaz.

Let me know if you need me to sort something else out. We sell lots of parts for insurance jobs and were VAT registered etc so you shouldn't have any problems...

Gaz.

Well, no for the repair but I need rear shocks. I think you said £120 each for yellow Bilsteins? Can you get them to me within a week?