The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grounding earth kits

Kev.O

had a kit on my old S14 and it smoothed the idle, gave me brighter headlamps and the car seemed more responsive too.....

although a lot of people also say they're a waste of time or a ricer mod :(

still for 40 quid its hardly a rip off is it?

I make my own set of these for every car I own this last 12 years. They are excellent and worth every penny. Jap cars have shyte earthing, these go a long way to help that. With the Supra I got brighter headlights and sweeter running around town.

When you fit this kit you may as well go around the rest of the earthing points inside the car and remove the paint from them and re connect, this also helps.

Toyota do a very neat wiring job, but Vauxhalls earting is way superior, hows that for an insult lmao.

Not to butt in - but normally running from alternator over to the battery via the engine points along the way

Somewhere back at the ranch I have an article from USA Modified magazine that dyno'ed 7HP increase on a scooby after fitting one - take from that what you will - but cant do no harm

Also available in every colour to enhance bling engine bay (ah...NOW we are talking!)

:)

All the earth points are in the attached pictures.

Just to play devil's advocate, if the Supra has an earthing problem, how can you be sure that it isnt the action of fitting the earth kit (disturbing the earth connections and re-fitting them) that improves the contact rather then the kit itself?

A good test would be to fit a kit and look for any improvements, then remove the kit to see if the improvements remain or if the car goes back to how it was before.

95elec_034.JPG

95elec_036.JPG

95elec_040.JPG

Sure is a lot of ground points :) Wiring all those together must surely look untidy? Has anyone got any piccies?

£35 seems cheap for enough cabling and connectors to do that job. Is it a prefabbed kit or just the wire and the loose connectors?

-Ian