The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy T78 Vs. HKS TO4R

Fox

Could anyone who has experance with any of the above Turbo setup's please give advice on there application.

Im new to single turbo land and i have read alot of posts relating to turbo lag and spool up time's, esp relating to the T78.

I'm not looking for top end speed, but a car that has seat sucking of the mark speed and can smash low 11's / high 10's on the strip....

Any information is much welcomed

Thank you, Please :thanks:

Guest Terry S

Actually, I think the whole tubular cracking is blown out of proportion, and IF they did crack it is probably down to inproper tuning/excessive heat. I know of 2 cars with HKS manifolds on ( TO4R) type that have in excess of 50k on them now without issue. One car is used every year in the one lap of America challenge, and the Targa Newfoundland challenge. I know of a BL manifold with 40k on it. No when you think the BL is a better grade stainless than the HKS.....

If your EGT's are excessive the tubular will crack eventually, but you should be looking to reduce them with proper tuning anyway.

Oh and BTW, we sell cast manifolds too!