The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Alert!

Sub_Culture

Hi everyone,

I dont have a Supra (YET!), but am on here to talk to a few owners (if you all dont mind?) before I get one!

I currently have a modified RX7 (see spec and pic below for the few that may be interested!). Ive owned her for a couple of years, and now crave a manual twin-turbo Supra.

SO, if anyone fancies a change and fancy owning an RX7, please dont hesitate to get in touch! Would it be cool if I came along to one of you guy's meets at some point to have a look at some of the cars?

Andy

:thanks: & :respekt:

The spec so far is;

Engine

*HKS air filters

*HKS dump valve (obligatory!)

*Blitz Nur-Spec cat back system

*HKS decat pipe

*Apexi FC ECU & Commander

Suspension

*Mazdaspeed springs

*19 inch Wheelmania Pacific rims (8.5" at the front, 9" at the rear)

Black Diamond grooved/drilled disks and pads all round

Body

*Bomex late spec front bumper with late spec bumper lights

*C-West headlight conversion

*C-West carbon fibre bonnet

*Veilside D1 GT sideskirts (blended into bodywork)

*Veilside D1 GT rear bumper

*Lite Tuned carbon fibre wing

*'Sub Culture' decals

*Custom chrome/black tinted windows

*Custom orange/red/gold/green flip (my camera's shit, it does have a flip, honest!)

Cabin

*Silver/grey unbranded bucket seats

*Momo Millenium steering wheel

*Unbranded gearknob

*Colour coded painted dashboard

*Reverse glow gauges

ICE

*Kenwood KVT-920 DVD/TV/CD player/screen

*Infinity 6500 components

*Alpine 5 channel amp

*Alpine 6 x 9s

*2 x 12" Alpine subs

*Custom boot mould (as mentioned)

*Blue neon detailing

*Clifford remote start alarm

Copy of Boxhillrx7.jpg

Sigh, I wondered how long it would be before I got the 'rebuild' jokes!

They really aren't as bad as people think, honestly!!!

Luckily, I bought her after having a rebuild done 800 miles before I bought it (have the £4000 receipt, thank you very much!), and Ive only done about 8000-9000 in the last two years, so she has plenty of life left in her, I promise!

Thanks, all, and lol, yes, I will make sure I bring her to a meet! Does anyone live in Surrey here?

Hello Andy, nice to see you here as well as on the IMOC forum, given what you were saying about Supras over there I'm suprised you are looking for one?

What was it again? Oh I remember....

"one of those 'my-car-weighs-more-than-Slovenia-Supras'. HA HA HA! Do you honestly think it will make if off the start line?!"

I jest, nice to see that you have seen the light, as I said over there I've always liked your RX7, sadly my big fat boat is an Auto otherwise I might have been really interested :)

Both nice looking RX's there. I especially like the Orangey colour one and have always fancied one as a second car with the Supe. So, is it an urban myth re. engine rebuilds or do they go pop at regular intervals?

Very nice looking car :thumbs:

I am sure no one would mind if you came along to one of the meets at Cobham which we have on the first Tuesday of the month (5th April being the next one at 8pm)

None of us bite! well not if you are considering changing to a Supe.

The address of the Pub is

Portsmouth Road, Fairmile, Cobham, KT11 1BW

Sorry, only just got home from work.... not allowed near forums there!....

Thanks for all your kind comments. They are all awesome! McCanny, I was just in jest too fella, no hard feelings?!

I dont know, I really do love the Rex to bits (and HONEST truth, shes never not started for me once, and has never missed a beat, so In my experience, reliability is not an issue providing you conduct regular oil changes and decent servicing, which im sure you Supra owners do).

Cobham, excellent plan, will definitely try to get down there, thank you for the invite, all!

McCanny, I was just in jest too fella, no hard feelings?!

LOL, no hard feelings at all, all posts are created with a smile on my face when it comes to stuff like that, I sensed that you having a laugh just like I was :)

I just wish my car was a J-Spec manual so we could swap ;)

I went through the same issues as you, having always owned manuals and only ever driven a crappy auto hire car in the US I thought an automatic gearbox would be hell. I spent a while waiting for a UK manual to come up... quite a while actually.... and then decided to test drive a few cars to pass the time, on the same day I took out a J-Spec manual and a J-Spec auto and the spaz shifter really impressed me.

It's not really like any other auto I've driven (and I've been in a lot since getting the Supra to see what they are like) - the 'box is very responsive and has a good manual mode, you can combine auto and manual to shift down for corners and it even works well on track - I've changed a lot of people's opinions of autos on track :) OK you don't get the same kind of control due to having less gears but with the torque on offer so low down it's easy to deal with this by adding power.

The manual is a quality gearbox, 6 speed and hard as nails but I find it really clunky - this is normal but it's not as slick as I'd like and I make mistakes, the auto never does but I guess I'd get better if I owned a 6 speed and get used to it. I'm glad I opted for an auto, it suits the driving I do really well.

The best thing to do is drive a few of each and see what you think, some people find it hard to move into the autos, others wouldn't have it any other way - personally I'd be happy with either :)

Your Rex is very fine indeed but i love my Supe better lol! Come to the Fairmile meet and find out for yourself how lovely our cars are ummmmmm you will be a convert I am sure!!! Well at least you will see they are no boats :D Joking aside we are a good bunch and some of us live in Surrey too!!

Regards,

Sheena :looney:

Thats a really detailed reply, thank you. Okay perhaps (again!) I was a little too hasty to judge the autos...

What area do you live in, mate? I'll take you for a spin if you take me for one???

Andy

Sorry Andy, I missed this reply yesterday, had a bit of a mad day!

Unfortunately I'm up north in Leeds so it might be a bit tricky to let you have a play but the chaps on here will let you play, they are a generous bunch :)

• 1 month later...