The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What sort of prices are we paying for rubber.

Terminator

I am looking for a pair of 275 35 18 for the summer and hope to get therm fitted by the end of the week.. I was looking at Goodyear, but Syed posted about dry grip got me thinking about other tyres.

I just wondered what people are paying at the moment for a good quality tyre of the size.

Is 285 likely to be a more cost effective option at it may me in more demand?

Any thoughts any prices?

I got my Continental SportContact 2`s in 265/30/19 for £350 for the pair fitted and balanced. In fact has anyone else got these tyres as mine need renewing and I have been happy with these but i`ve not had anything to compare them with so they may be shite for all i know?

I had them when I first bought the car, standard size though. They were good, not quite as good as the Goodyears though. One of the rears had a manufacturing defect too - it proved impossible to balance despite several attempts. They ended up sending it back to Continental for analysis, who gave me a credit note in the end to get a replacement.

A full set of Goodyears cost just under £600 IIRC when I bought mine 9 months or so ago. That was 275 35 18 rear and 245 40 18 front.

275-30-19 uniroyal rainsport were just under £450 fully fitted good grip in the dry, fantastic in the wet

235-35-19 Pirelli P-Zero Nero got them discounted £130 each fully fitted good quality rubber

Had Toyo Proxys T1-S all round before, they were good high quality rubber as well, fancied a change though

I usually pay about £85 each for my fronts (225/40/18) and £105 each for my rears (275/40/18) - thats Gooyear F1 GDS3's - from this place:

Johnson Imports

01978 844498

They send them to you, then I get the local tyre place to fit them for a few quid.

I usually pay about £85 each for my fronts (225/40/18) and £105 each for my rears (275/40/18) - thats Gooyear F1 GDS3's - from this place:

Johnson Imports

01978 844498

They send them to you, then I get the local tyre place to fit them for a few quid.

This place

https://ssl.iomart.com/johnsonstyres.com/acatalog/contact.html

I cannot find any that cheap though, my 255/35ZR18 Goodyear F1 GSD3 are £159.

Let me know what you go for Phil and how you get on with them.

I've got P Zero's but don't like em. The Goodyear GSD3's are better in the dry but I can't get my size in these for 18" wheels damn it!

Lets face it, when are you going to be caning it in the wet in a Supe?

Let me know what you go for Phil and how you get on with them.

I've got P Zero's but don't like em. The Goodyear GSD3's are better in the dry but I can't get my size in these for 18" wheels damn it!

Lets face it, when are you going to be caning it in the wet in a Supe?

You forget I have race logic so I do :devil:

What size rim do you have Justin I can get the size I mentioned in GDD'3

Thanks for all the input guys keep it coming.

I have Toyo's at the moment but dont like their uncertainly on the edge, not enough feel before they break away, but that could be because they are down to 3mm.

I have Toyo's at the moment but dont like their uncertainly on the edge, not enough feel before they break away, but that could be because they are down to 3mm.

I'm not keen on the Toyo's either, took a look at them the other day and they are almost slicks! :cry: but the fronts are fine!

Johnson Imports

01978 844498

Thanks for the number I was quoted £170 delivered for 275 35 18. My local guy will supply fitted for less. But a very good price though.

Cant get 285 fitment though

Hi, just the thread I needed :).

Gonna have to replace my rears pretty damn soon, and was after some advice on what tyre to be looking out for, and also what prices to expect to pay. My cars an NA by the way.

Currently I have the tyres from when I picked up the car, they are:

Front: Yokohama 235/40ZR18 (DNA GP)

Rear: Yokohama 265/35ZR18 93Y (AVS)

What I'd like to know is are these any good and should I just get the same set again if I can. Or are there better ones. Tend to do mostly dual carriageway/Motorway driving and the usual 4 mile jaunts to work.

Also, If I get them sent can I just take them to Kwik Fit or somewhere to have them fitted and balanced. What is the benefit of getting them aligned and where should I be looking to get that done. Im in Glasgow.

Dont know if it makes any difference but I've got AVS alloys (dont ask me what type though).

Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at the Pirelli P-zero nero M&Ss. They've gotten a lot of good reviews especially in inclement weather. As it tends to rain a lot here in my part of Germany, that's a plus. I'll probably fit the fronts with them as well. I hate replacing rears every 7-8 months so wear is a factor for me. I've got a price of $408 USD including shipping for the rears 275/35/18s. Checkout http://www.tirerack.com if you haven't already. I'll be buying all my tires from them. Great gouge and customer service from what I've heard from some of the fellas here on base. Awesome database of reviews and an ability to compare make this site aces.