The mkiv Supra Owners Club

95mph and three points arrrrh

pauloakley

watch out drivers southbound on m6 in cumbria. the speed van is out catching southbound drivers.

caught me cruising back from scotland doing 95mph at 8.00am, not another flaming thing on the road.

Hope my 60 quid helps the polica force becoming the shining light of the world. It was obviously worth their time and money to sit there waiting for me to come along.

It has definitely persuaded me now to get a a snooper. I suppose at the end of the day cant blame anyone but myself. shucks

It has definitely persuaded me now to get a a snooper. I suppose at the end of the day cant blame anyone but myself. shucks

Definately get yourself a Road Angel. Its the best £300 you'll ever invest.

Just be glad you weren't doing over 100mph - every cloud has a silver lining :thumbs:

Bugger, sorry to hear that! :(

Not sure if you could have done anything, would a speed detector have worked, don't know what they were using?

I might have to get one though.

Everytime I've been on the M6 in Cumbria it's been so quiet with very little traffic, they should be waiting in residential areas and not on the motorway which are the safest roads of all!

spose the worst thing was that the van was completely unmarked and positioned on a bridge on a down hill stretch....cheeky with it!

anyway one road angel on the way.

at least the guy in there must have been gutted seeing this silver streak passing by(and just washed) and thinking about at the end of his shift going back to his "cinquenta".

There has been a lot of controversy about these bloody speed cameras in my area (Cumbria), especially on the M6. The operating company who is Cumbria Safety Cameras seem to be placing their vans on motorway bridges in conflict with the regulations set out which state they should be placing them over accident black spots.

Nowhere in Cumbria is the M6 an accident black spot and therefore they shouldn't be placing the vans anywhere near. The company who I work for manages the M6 in this area and we have all the accident data.

If I were you I think I would contest it. There are a few people in this area who are contesting but I haven't heard any results yet.

(But that is just my personal opinion by the way, not a professional one....as I am the CAD Manager and not the a Traffic Engineer).