The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil For UK TT

Guest TT Supraman

Guest TT Supraman

I have a 1993 UK TT Supra. It says in the manual use 10w30 oil, is this correct or is there something better? Also does it matter about the manufacturer of the oil?

It all depends on whether its stock or modified mate. If you do a search you find lots of posts about oil....a lot of them quite recent. I use Valvoline 5-50..Envy used to have a good deal on this oil, give them a bell and see what they can do. Im sure you'll get lots more replies on this subject :innocent:

I use Valvoline Synpower at 10w40, Toyota use Mobil 1.

You want thinner oil for winter so you dont need to warm the engine as much before pushing it, and thicker oil during hotter/racing conditions.

Synpower's called VR1 now I believe...I use the same, but a bit thinner 5w50. My local Toyota garage used shell helix :( (took that straight out)

Don't forget the "oilman".

Some great quality oils by Silkolene, Motul, Castrol, Mobil, Fuchs etc and at good prices.

I would look at 5w-40 for a stock roadcar, 10w-50 or 15w-50 for a track or modded car if you are running extreme temps.

Cheers

Simon