The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT 6 RIP

Guest scw02102

Guest scw02102

The Mrs managed to right off the motor last week on the motorway

got out ok but took out the side.

She was doing 70mph in 3rd hit the throttle 2nd turbo kicked in the back end stepped out. 270 degrees across 3 lanes into the barrer.

Engine was mint 49k on the clock :( Rear and side damage

Got my Greddy Boost gauage on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40199&item=7964608075&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

And my Greddy Dump valve on there too

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72205&item=7964607394&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Elephant will be paying out but wont pay for any of my mods! Even though they charged me extra!

Bye bye £3k volks racing wheels

HKS Coilovers

Top secret bumper,

Veilside exhaust and all the other mods! :(

PM if u have any questions about the parts for sale.

Heres an picture RIP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/scw02102/Supra/DSC00044.jpg

Guest Sakura
The Mrs managed to right off the motor last week on the motorway

got out ok but took out the side.

She was doing 70mph in 3rd hit the throttle 2nd turbo kicked in the back end stepped out. 270 degrees across 3 lanes into the barrer.

She must have been scared witless when that happened :eek: I suppose it could have been much worse - if there had been cars alongside etc. Hope you get the insurance sorted, shame about the mods not being covered :(

Guest scw02102

they said i can take the modded parts off but have to replace them with std parts

Plus the car has gone to the garage now and i cant to it anymore so i dont think i can get anymore parts off the car. :(

Although I will check if i can get down there to get any parts off it before they take it away completely

Shame though just had my

fold in mirrors fixed (new motors)

new clutch

new cam belt with full service

New disc and pads

and just filled her up with £60 worth of petrol! GRRRRRR!!!

Sorry to hear about your car fella, it looked lovely.

Sounds a bit weird as for it to go like that, was the road wet? Maybe there was something on it. 70 in 3rd is what? 5k rpm? Should have already been in 2nd turbo territory.

Didnt you know about elephant? They never replace like with like when it comes to a claim, they'll only shell out for stock parts. They'll charge you more for modifications but wont pay up for them. Same applies with a lot of these insurance companies, I think Tesco are another that have the same policy.

Guest scw02102

She was joing the motorway accelerating then see a lorry so put her foot down 2nd turbo kicked in and next thing she knew she was doing aprox 70mph bang BARRER!

Lorry swirved and just missed the car. they closed the A2 for a short time

na my car was always tail friendly

think the coilovers wernt set up correctly as it from japan

was very stiff but always stepped out in the 1st 3 gears and 4th in the rain @ 1.2bar

think where the coilovers were very hard the tyres followed the car leaving the road then coming down with the wheels spinning

Was getting the coilovers set up again and a 4 wheel alignment done but she crash before i got it sorted.

Yeah the cars been moved twice already from Maistone to sittingborne!

Ive got the greddy dump valve and boost gauge out along with my stereo but thats it. :(

Just found out that the garage have sent the pictures off from the car so i cant take anything else off from the car

Only got my stereo and dump valve, gauage that i took off before it got to the garage.

Sorry to hear this dude. I do find it amazing how Egg/Bell/Admiral group can charge you extra for parts, but will only replace standards.

I always took the idea that I'd nominate the repair centre that I know and get them to charge the standard part price but fit aftermarket bits. (or I pay slight difference, whatever)

stepping out in 3 / 4th with stock turbos sounds interesting...

Your suspension sounds like the rebound level on the shocks was set way to hard! , the back end should really squat down and grip like hell!

Sorry to hear about it, Its always bad news when another of the clan falls!

Anyhow, I hope you get it sorted and rejoin the Supra comunity.

Sorry to hear this dude. I do find it amazing how Egg/Bell/Admiral group can charge you extra for parts, but will only replace standards.

Yeah..I dont understand that either.....why charge for the parts if they dont insure them :devil:

Anyway.....glad you both are ok..testimony to how well built these cars are.