The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alternative (to 16400-46310) composite tank radiators - 93-96 TT6

rider

Might be of use to some looking for a similar to OEM radiator in preference to an all aluminium unit.

I've had a quick scout around alternatives to the original Denso radiator (16400-46310) for a pre facelift TT6 that have, similar to the original, plastic tanks on an alloy or aluminium core and come up with this list of products:

Blue Print ADT39884 (£250)

Valeo 734174 (£250+)

NPS T156A84 (£200)

KOYORAD PA010413 (£180)

Ava TO2347 (£160)

The core sizes on some do vary from the original 41mm width. The Blue Print and Valeo are both 41mm. The Koyo radiator is 34mm. The Ava 34mm. I couldn't find the core size on the NPS. There is a Nissens at 27mm that is quoted as a replacement that I haven't listed because of the core difference.

If anyone has any actual fit experience on any of these that'd be useful information to add to this thread. As a side TCB recommend the AVA product and say it works fine on the standard fan.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

I had a SZR facelift and the rad on that was seriously thin ie nowhere near 41mm, I think in our climate the Ava one would be ample and more 'stock' I dare say the Nissens would be fine too for most of us here (think that the coolant system is not marginal given the UAE/Texas etc usage by people and it never comes up as being inadequate so we must have a lot of headroom, the viscous fan and shroud being very effective?)