The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto TT - sale price

Scooter

Is a quick sale price for a clean'ish stock body'd auto TT with working aircon and general all up together, £13-15K?

I'm thinking of selling but don't want to undersell, but equally a fair few auto TT cars at £19-20K and seemingly not selling and I'm not really looking to extract every single £ I can.....

Some of the higher price cars still come with a long list of bad bits and they are the ones that tend to stay on display for a long time. You won't really see a TT advertised for less than £15k these days. Having said that there is one running on eBay at the moment with a £13k buy it now which would be worth your while watching to see how quickly it ends or how fast the auction running alongside ramps up.

I sold my very clean 98 tt auto for 15 in march this year, Id say 13 tops

I see what you mean but yours sold very quickly didn't it? And at the time there weren't a number of plain silver auto tt's around £20k. Just seems that if I undercut these by enough I should get interest?

price is subjective to the right buyer at the right time in my opinion. if the car is good, then you shouldn't have an issue selling, people will always try and knock you down so most sellers add a bit over what they are willing to accept

If you want to sell fast then its needs to be a bargain in peoples eyes, however if your not in a rush aim for a better price, there is always someone that will want it.

Have you got pictures and a spec. I've seen a few tt6s going for 30k and selling I know of a fair few now, there is no way there should be a 15k+ price gap between a auto and 6 speed imo. If your cars clean and stock 15k should be the very minimum imo.

/QUOTE]

I agree on the price gap, when it was £6k auto £12k manual that's one thing, but now it's a good used M3 extra just to change gear!?

We are seemingly reaching the NSX situation where every one just advertises high, effectively saying " if you want one this is the price 'tough'"

Once enough new buyers come in at the new levels then the prices get semi fixed. The appreciating sentiment going round means that there's less rush/pressure to sell than in the usual depreciating

Have you got pictures and a spec. I've seen a few tt6s going for 30k and selling I know of a fair few now, there is no way there should be a 15k+ price gap between a auto and 6 speed imo. If your cars clean and stock 15k should be the very minimum imo.

/QUOTE]

THIS!!

The price difference has always been roughly a 6 speed box price, this should but an equal TT Auto at £22k therefore I would say £20k is a fair price. I have found depending on where you sell depends on the price, on here and facebook a lot of people will say prices about £5k less then you will get on Autotrader and Pistonheads. Facebook I feel is full of dreamers who aren't willing to accept the price hike in the cars and ideally want to be able to afford one "soon". I believe the forum is following this price guide, the market has increased and we should follow it.

- - - Updated - - -

/QUOTE]

THIS!!

The price difference has always been roughly a 6 speed box price, this should but an equal TT Auto at £22k therefore I would say £20k is a fair price. I have found depending on where you sell depends on the price, on here and facebook a lot of people will say prices about £5k less then you will get on Autotrader and Pistonheads. Facebook I feel is full of dreamers who aren't willing to accept the price hike in the cars and ideally want to be able to afford one "soon". I believe the forum is following this price guide, the market has increased and we should follow it.

I'm slowly adjusting to it, I think there are enough at traders at £19,xxx to think that maybe that's top money right now here. I don't think I could/will go quite that high.

Looking around the globe though we are still quite low in price in general?

It's a marmite colour and maybe limiting it but otherwise seems ok/good. You'd think the pound sliding and the extreme prices in the US would mean more interest from their......

The yanks love that colour , and tin tops , the pound is falling faster than a tarts pants