The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommended - Miami-GT workshop

RICHARDA

Went to visit Paul K (slowdog) at his unit today and was very impressed. Good to also meet some other owners too.

Expensive day though as Paul diagnosed that my T2 is deffo dead :(

Looks like stage 3 hybrids maybe the answer, anyone else have these?

Anyone used / heard of Turbo Dynamics?

The route up from West Sussex is dead easy, motorway all the way and the weather was splendid :D

Even got my horn fixed :)

Rich

Fixed as in making it sound more macho or just making the "gay siren" active again?

Err, fixed as in just making the "gay siren" active again, which is particularily gay as I have removed one of the three sirens. I pressed it at 80mph and it sounds like a small electric buzzer :eek:

Turbo Dynamics are tops, i have had a few dealings with them and they always go out of there way to help me! Ask for Mamo he really knows his stuff

James

Thanks James thats good to hear especially as I am immersing myself in finding out any information about "stage 3 hybrids".

What does this 'Stage 3' thing actually mean? Can you even get Stage 1 and 2? Seems like everyones hybrids are stage 3 :conf:

These are the specs sent through to me based on their rebuilding - really power rated and amount of work required

Gad - these guys really know their stuff!

(BTW prices are ex VAT and indications only - as these depend on the quality of the housings etc given for hybriding

STAGE 1 - £1025.00

MD255 High flow 2470 KKK compressor wheel - CNC re-profiled compressor housing, left hand thread inconnel shaft & wheel, modified bearing housing, staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, Max recommended boost level 18-20 p.s.i.

STAGE 2 - £1095.00

MD234 CT20 retrofit turbocharger, High flow 55 Trim TB03 compressor wheel - CNC re-profiled compressor housing - 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, modified bearing housing, left hand thread inconnel shaft & wheel, staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted. Max recommended boost level 22-24 p.s.i. Please note: These units would need to be supplied by the customer to be modified and retrofitted to the engine.

STAGE 3 - £1195.00

MD315 High flow 60 Trim TB03 compressor wheel - CNC re-profiled compressor housing - 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, modified bearing housing, left hand thread inconnel shaft & wheel with 10 degree cutback, staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted. Max recommended boost level 26-28 p.s.i. Please note: These units would need to be supplied by the customer to be modified and retrofitted to the engine