The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AP Racing Brakes - Pro 5000 R & Wheel Clearance

Sheefa

Test fitted the set I purchased second hand and they look ace with CCWs. Sadly though they catch ever so slightly on the inner bolts of rim so will need to run a spacer.

This is picture with 5mm spacer on which clears but doesn't leave much room for lug nuts to fix on wheel, in fact very little. Is there a recommended amount of thread you should have please?

Might try and get away with 3mm which I think will clear still or just upgrade to 15mm hub adaptors as pictured from Janspeed. Any advice appreciated, I don't want to change the wheels!

Then it's a case of what spacers to run at the rear as front will look silly otherwise.

Thanks

Greg

(PS yes disc is wrong way only test fitting)

imageimageimage

Dont spend all that money on wheels and brakes then cheap out with Japspeed junk! Get a decent brand, H&R etc.

I ran spacers on a track car in the past and never had any issues

Thanks mate. I looked at a few reviews and though Janspeed ones were good! Good shout though I'll go with H&R. Cheers buddy.

Proper brakes those, are they the BTCC brakes that Si and James run?
Yeah buddy. Bought them off James as he's breaking the car. The discs fill the wheels a tad, they might be bigger than the actual wheel faces!! Can't wait to try them.

I have some 10mm h&r spacers with longer studs in the garage mate, not sure if 10mm would be too much poke?

Thanks mate, do you mind if I try them and pay postage? If they work then great I’ll sort payment. Thanks