The mkiv Supra Owners Club

52mm gauge In analogue clock position

tayr

Hi all,

I was under the impression that a 52mm gauge would be a straight swap for the analogue clock on my 96

I’ve just read on another forum that this may not be the case

Can anyone expand? Or what needs to be done to make it fit

Edit: okay so seems to be the case. I’ve got an option of fitting it in the vent slot which will allow me to still have air flow, or the clock slot using a 3d printed bracket.

Not sure which looks best

Edited by tayr (see edit history)

Depends on whether your car is a facelift or not as the clocks are different sizes. I think one is 52mm and the other 60mm but can't remember which way around it is.

as it's a facelift it's got the 60mm clock by the looks of things. I just need to decide whether to put it in the vent or clock position

I put mine in the clock location. You can make any size fit any hole, if you put the time and effort into it.

I wanted a more OEM look and had an angled position for my pod. Many just push a gauge in the hole. I think that looks a bit rough. Make it look nice, it'll be worth it effort.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?269964-Custom-Clock-Gauge-Pod/

Forgive the green. It was a phase back in the day lol..

Funnily enough I found your thread earlier. Couldn’t believe how good that turned out!

My dash is in perfect condition so didn’t wanna play around with it too much and I quite like the clock weirdly so going to go for one of those vent ones

Facelift is 60mm, I bought a 60mm gauge to fit in mine.

You could try Burna, he's advertising some options of vents to house both sizes of gauge.

Thanks mate :)

Yes I produce fixed gauge holders for the vents to suit 52mm & 60mm gauges. Also I produce a movable rotating vent gauge holder to suit 52mm gauges. All the vent gauge holders allow airflow to flow around them :) Sample pics below:

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg