The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential new car - detail required

Jaycm

Firstly hello all,

Although I’ve been reading guides and checking sale threads this is my first official post.

I’m new to the supra and have always been around honda’s or zeds.

I would like anyone who has any info on this vehicle to either comment or pm me if they wish to keep things private through one google search on the Reg I could see someone called jabba had it from Birmingham 2003 and he had an exhaust from invauto good for 800-1000hp setoff a few alarm bells incase it’s been highly modded then reduced to sell on.

I am going to have a look tonight, id also like you all to comment on what you guys thing is a good price for both the owner + potential buyer. I’ve been quoted around 22k.

So without further babbling here is the detail I have;

53 plate UK spec TT Supra - auto

Mileage: 119’057

Rev: in photos

Spec: This is all I have mate.

Engine spec

UK steel turbos

Apexi exhaust

Decats

Greddy intercooler

Greddy hard pipework

HKS blow off valve

Walbro pump

12v hardwired

Engine wire tuck

All silicon hoses replaced

Greddy gauges

Oil cooler

Transmission cooler

Diff cooler

Recent service

Exterior

Bomex front bumper

Top secret skirts

Top secret spats

TRD wing vents

3 piece split rims

New Tein coilovers

Suspension bushes replaced

Custom Sound system in boot by autosounds.

Interiors a little to be admired with it being cream leather worn pretty heavy and cream carpets but that’s something that could be changed in the near future.

Mot history checked and apart from mot’s getting done months after expiry and quite a few mot advisories for work tyres there was nothing that stood out too much. Mileage had been 8-11k till 5 year ago’ish then it was 1k-3k per year. Last two years it has hardly been driven at all - just had an mot a few days ago and sorned. Bit wary of this.

Just looking for you honest opinions on the above.

Hpi check came back clear but mentioned to check engine code.

Thanks again all

James

49557BF4-1659-4535-843F-91FB64D761BB.jpeg

5CAECA60-D509-48B0-BAE8-FCA01B17D9AF.jpeg

22k imo is very top end for a tt auto.. theres an erotop tt auto for 17k and some clean ones for cheaper.

22k is oem/stock low mileage money imo and I'd defo not pay 22k for it

If it was me id say its worth 16-17k

A well known trader sold a low ish mileage stock manual tt, all original and very clean for 24k a few months ago

Edited by raddys (see edit history)

I would say nearer 15k imo. I sold a twin turbo auto a couple of months ago. Needed a bit of tidying up. But on the whole was a great car. Less milage than that and sold for just over 13k. So asking way too much. The prices are only rocketing up for low milage unmolested examples which are basically fully stock.

It would depend on the underside...........someone has ploughed £25K into welding etc etc on their uk spec, so you could argue if it needs nothing and can be protected from now on then it's saving some money, but it seems high end, but then has a good look to it and some nice bits but is obviously far from stock looking.

If you check the rust and other bits over then it should be a good car you can use, money is money, but ultimately when you get a new car at high/top money you don't want it to need a load of work straight away.

If I was Supraless now I would struggle to justify a purchase, saying that given the prices of everything I think the lower priced ones can often be a false economy, and a high priced clean one will hold its value and not cost you loads in 'tidying' but then you might not be so inclined to use it as much?

Have you seen any Supra's upclose and personal to date?

It used or may still belong to a member called N-Mir and before that it used to belong to a member called Ibrar. It started life as a silver auto and if you pm me the engine code I can tell you if it still has the original engine in.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?250081-New-member-from-Newcastle-Upon-Tyne

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

I decided against looking at the car lads. Thankyou for all your help on it however, the search continues, I am in no hurry, the red one which sold recently of which was close to oem looked perfect.

There are 3 UK Spec TT 6 speed manuals currently for sale on ebay and pistonheads. Hope this helps.

There are 3 UK Spec TT 6 speed manuals currently for sale on ebay and pistonheads. Hope this helps.

I can only see 2 you got links to them all ?

There is the 1a1 manual that is now red

Josh’s red manual although it’s a pity about the content of the advert

I can only see 2 you got links to them all ?

There is the 1a1 manual that is now red

Josh’s red manual although it’s a pity about the content of the advert

The red one which was 1a1 doesnt really make it a negative now thats its red in my opinion, as it can always be changed back to 1a1 very easily, its also a stock car. Im not a big fan of the 1a1 colour tbh.

The other one other than Josh's is a Storm Blue UK car.

links for all 3 below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-1996-Storm-Blue-UK-Spec-Twin-Turbo-6-Speed-Manual-1-of-200/323863394398?hash=item4b67c3385e:g:AXMAAOSw35ZdDWwV

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-3-0-twin-turbo-6-speed-manual-uk-supplied-fsh-----------------1993/9789060

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-uk-spec-6-speed-manual--------------1994/9862235

Edited by blitz01 (see edit history)