The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Cooling setup for the Supra

_Shane_

Have the engine out at the minute to be forged and was looking and changing a few other bits.

Was going to swap out the oem clutch fan setup for a set of twin spal fans and shroud.

What are peoples views on this and what would you recommend ? Just looking for some feedback before I do anything

Cheers

I had electric twin spals and the cooling was crap compared to the OEM viscous fan. For my next build I will use OEM viscous and OEM shroud, and a good race radiator. Others views may differ! Also, I had a fan relay issue and only noticed when my temps shot through the roof in traffic, this would not happen with the viscous as its mechanically driven

I dont see any benefit to using electric. The micro power loss from a viscous is probably offset by its cooling abilities anyway. My electric fans used to be hammering away in traffic and we hardly get hot weather over here. I cant see how people in Florida manage with them!

I have a twin fan setup and let me tell you it’s useless, or near enough useless. It doesn’t move anywhere near as much air as the stock fan and I’m looking to go back to a Viscous setup too. Stay with stock is my advice.