The mkiv Supra Owners Club

0-60 runs

SUPRALOOPY

Hi all,

just wanted to know if you can do 0-60 runs with the auto box in 2nd?

or is it better to just let the box do the work in drive?

i have just got my new toy and want to get an idea of the best way to drive her as i have never owned such a beast :woot: will she do the 60 in 2nd or not???

please advise :looney:

I just took mine down Camden High Street up to Hampstead and the roar of th engine just makes everyone look, specially when you put a little power down. Real grin factor stuff. I've just been told off by the girlfriend for taking more overtime to pay for new toys. Personnally i blame Supradibbs :D

As far as im aware, the auto box will change gear at exactly the right places, so to have the car drive at it's best just leave it in drive. This way you'll get the full power of each gear and wont be changing up to early or too late. I could be wrong, but that's what i have understood and it seems to be fine for me.

as i have only just got the beast and the missus did'nt really know what i was buying!!

gave it a little blip and not even bringing in the second turbo she says if you drive like that again i'm getting out!! so i said that will hurt at 120 mph LOL RFOL :-)

sounds familiar my last car was the celica gt4, went to canterbury (autoworld) to book in for a service.the missus said she will wait in the car so imagine her suprise when i said not getting a service, as ive just bought a supra, a what she says whats that ,that over there i said, your joking she says nope i says its now mine.(ouch) ours i said, the response i got was dont like it prefer my clio,he he he hows that for luck.

nice to see its not just me then :-) been reading the owners manual and found lots of things the car can do, so i will going out on my own with a full wallet for petrol (for a little while anyway) and a big grin on my face and try not to kill myself,

thanks all !

P.S i have just joined the club and have heard about stickers and stuff who do you contact for these or do the contact you???