The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Additives for leak

Fulcrum2000

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KXN3YQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=themms-20&linkId=ff7c2f8788c3166a0eb47865df397042&language=en_US

This seems to be the universally recognised 'best one' and was what I was thinking of using. I know I'm very wary of using them too but after five trips back to a mechanic and then another to a different one with no success its getting really tiring now. i know its the crank slight groove causing it (the crank used for the rebuild was not new as I couldnt get a new one and had a slight groove which must be allowing the RMS to leak) but after 4 re seats, 2 new seals, a sleeve and a bigger seal its still eaking slightly. Not much but enough to knacker the drive

Reading up on the lucas stuff it won't do any gloopy blocking (like rad weld etc can on cooling systems) but it will potentially swell all the ok seals as well as 'hopefully' the rear main. So potential other issues in the short/medium term.

Got to feel for the OP with this car, he's had a lot of issues and unfortunately it seems now that the combination of not using a new crank and potentially an engine builder not refusing to do it is undoing the hard work and money spent on the engine refresh?

NA crank, all measured and new shells and more labour may end up being the only way?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?124830-Oil-Leak&highlight=crank

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)