The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT auto GZ possibly for sale/swap/px for TT6

raddys

Hi guys

As some of you know i did a track day last weekend with potential cars to replace the supra, i love the supra but i have the itch for something else, atleast i thought i did.

I test drove 5 cars but only 3 were relevant as they were the options for my next car.

So, i drove an audi r8 v8, r35 gtr and ariel atom 2 supercharged

The r8 was the slowest (probably on par with bpu supra) but was very involving and fun, it also felt super sporty and build quality was 10/10, the v8 also sounded beautiful

The ariel atom was a blast, very raw car to drive but honestly with no driving aids at all id probably kill myself lol, plus its not very practical

The gtr was damn quick but i felt it was quite boring to drive, dont get me wrong, its damn good and very quick and nimble but i kinda felt unconnected from the experience.

So im now back to square 1, so im potentially looking for a tt6 (preferably uk spec in stock form or big hp jap spec or something like the dct 7 speed would be cool)

Ive looked into the t56 conversion and dct but tbh my car is too stock to start chopping it up

Little spec on the car:

1993 supra TT GZ auto

Very very very good bodywork

Renaissance red

90kmh (still in kmh)

Basically bone stock apart from exhaust and BPU

maintained by SRD, AKS tuning and myself

Owned for over 3 years now

Since my ownership it has been in banzai mag, japanese performance mag, supra calendar, waxstock show and toyota uk's toyota tuesday car of the month feature, its also about to be released in a review against the mk5 supra by a big car magazine next week

I bought the car in 2016, it was previously owned by a well respected BDC driver who took extremely great care of the car too.

I purchased the car with 61,xxx kmh and have not been shy in driving it like its supposed to be driven. its been as far as the nurburgring in my ownership and has not missed a beat, hands down the most reliable car ever. the arches are not rolled either.

The car was completely stock when i purchased it, its now full bpu with only quality parts used:

Blitz sbc

Whifbitz decat

Depo gauge (not so quality lol)

Whifbitz SMIC

Hks turbo timer

Tanabe touring exhaust with boost activated straight pipe

It also has:

Cruise control

Leather seats

Active aero

Foot well lights

Door keyhole light

Uk spec big brakes

Toyota optional secret box

Toyota optional rear wing

Toyota optional wind deflectors

Bilsteins with 20mm lowering springs

17in standard alloys wrapped in yoko ad08r, spaced to sit flush with arches using H&R spacers (ive driven the car to germany and been round the nurburgring on these spacers with no issues)

Interior is also stock with only the boost gauge in site (mounted in left airvent)

The car is absolutely beautiful, ive had the entire interior out, deep cleaned, all dash panels professionally repainted, calipers painted, wheels powder coated, original mats in good shape with new gel logos.

Serviced way more then necessary using fuchs oil and genuine parts, recently had full service including diff oil and entire fluid replacement.

The bodywork is completely original apart from the front end which i had resprayed last year due to stone chips, you would never know though.

The plate will be transferred if i were to get another supra or sold separately if I sold the car (its a dateless plate so can go on anycar after 1960 i believe)

Im possibly looking for a px for a uk tt6 (stock or near abouts) or jap tt6 (preferably single)

So if you have one, or know of someone possibly looking for a px then please let me know, just a few pics below

Watch “Untitled” on Vimeo:

Edited by raddys (see edit history)

Thanks, i know, i searched far and wide to find this one.

Yer the r8 is only 414bhp and probably lost a few over the 10 years, that coupled with the 4wd system against the twins on a rwd bpu supra made them feel on par, id even say my supra pulls harder low down

Also interested in the plate lol! Pm me if you would like to sell

If you are buying an R8 it has to be the V10 in my opinion

Yes the r8 v10 pre facelift would be a straight winner for me, however my budget is 35k tops for a new car and that wont get me one unfortunately

Thanks, i know, i searched far and wide to find this one.

Yer the r8 is only 414bhp and probably lost a few over the 10 years, that coupled with the 4wd system against the twins on a rwd bpu supra made them feel on par, id even say my supra pulls harder low down

The r8 is an n/a so it’s not got the rush you get from a turbo car my b7 rs4 is the same engine as an r8, I love it the sound of the v8 @ 8,000 rpm is epic plus it handles pretty well too!

raddys love your car, I remember seeing it up for sale and then you buying it. Really really mint clean one.

An R8 has been on my radar as selling both my auto TT's and some money on top would get me in one, but then I reread that sentence and the fact it's not a practical and much faster and I just can't bring myself to contemplate it.

Perhaps just keep enjoying it but advertise it (well and everywhere) and at an expensive price and see if you get any takers?

Did the NSX guy in Kent sell his Quicksilver 2000-2 TT6 that was up for £30K+?

What do you want a manual for as such, it's a huge premium to pay. I do get it though as I would not get a auto/tip R8 or VXR8 even though I am happy with the auto Supra's. Having had manual Supra's before there is no way I am selling 2 autos and if I'm lucky from that getting a TT6, that's not worth it to me.

I would say though that I have been observing the Supra markets for close to 20 years and I think your car is the sort of car that comes up around once a year now (may be even less), you picked up a peach just before things went crazy and I honestly believe you won't be able to repeat this without paying a large price (hence me saying you should offer yours at a high price). I would be tempted to try and get your manual fix from running another car even if cheaper/slower?

how about the M3, M4?

Ideally i want the car to be something different, something you turn back and look at and go "f##k me im driving that"

And honestly you just dont get that with bmws in my eyes

Well apart from old 80s and 90s M cars imo

- - - Updated - - -

The r8 is an n/a so it’s not got the rush you get from a turbo car my b7 rs4 is the same engine as an r8, I love it the sound of the v8 @ 8,000 rpm is epic plus it handles pretty well too!

Yes i have to say, that R8 on full chat sounded the nuts

raddys love your car, I remember seeing it up for sale and then you buying it. Really really mint clean one.

An R8 has been on my radar as selling both my auto TT's and some money on top would get me in one, but then I reread that sentence and the fact it's not a practical and much faster and I just can't bring myself to contemplate it.

Perhaps just keep enjoying it but advertise it (well and everywhere) and at an expensive price and see if you get any takers?

Did the NSX guy in Kent sell his Quicksilver 2000-2 TT6 that was up for £30K+?

What do you want a manual for as such, it's a huge premium to pay. I do get it though as I would not get a auto/tip R8 or VXR8 even though I am happy with the auto Supra's. Having had manual Supra's before there is no way I am selling 2 autos and if I'm lucky from that getting a TT6, that's not worth it to me.

I would say though that I have been observing the Supra markets for close to 20 years and I think your car is the sort of car that comes up around once a year now (may be even less), you picked up a peach just before things went crazy and I honestly believe you won't be able to repeat this without paying a large price (hence me saying you should offer yours at a high price). I would be tempted to try and get your manual fix from running another car even if cheaper/slower?

Not sure i know who the nsx guy is or what car he was selling tbh

Tbh i love the auto but ive always deep down wanted a manual, i had a manual na supra before this one and i just love the involvement, plus i view a manual uk supra TT as a decent investment hence why i wouldnt mind paying for one.

I do have a daily thats manual, but its a boring accord diesel, and that really dont cut the mustard lol

Not sure i know who the nsx guy is or what car he was selling tbh

Tbh i love the auto but ive always deep down wanted a manual, i had a manual na supra before this one and i just love the involvement, plus i view a manual uk supra TT as a decent investment hence why i wouldnt mind paying for one.

I do have a daily thats manual, but its a boring accord diesel, and that really dont cut the mustard lol

i think his name was 214supra on here

Phillip was selling a 2002 vvti six speed manual from factory! In quicksilver! I have a gz areotop in red and I love it!

Tbh if I'm paying top wack theres only 3 colours I'd genuinely be happy with and that's renaissance red, rsp or djg

Djg being top, followed by red and then rsp.

Quicksilver is nice but for me I like a loud colour I suppose.

Nice, always loved the aero tops, I remember meeting a guy at japfest who had an aero top with the 7 speed dct box and it was bloody lovely

Tbh if I'm paying top wack theres only 3 colours I'd genuinely be happy with and that's renaissance red, rsp or djg

Djg being top, followed by red and then rsp....

Would be easier finding a red one than RSP and especially DJG! For the later 2 i would expect you would need to approach current owners you know and make them a serious offer. There's not many manual DJG either apart from Dave and James iirc

Would be easier finding a red one than RSP and especially DJG! For the later 2 i would expect you would need to approach current owners you know and make them a serious offer. There's not many manual DJG either apart from Dave and James iirc

Yer I know what you mean, but you never know what's hiding away out there, fingers crossed lol

Are they on the forum?