The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active spoiler with FMIC

Krister

My Supra used to have the active spoiler but it has been removed because of a FMIC and the parts disnt come with the car and I would like to refit one so that it is permanently down.

I know the active spoiler does not fit with a fmic but I know people have installed it so that it is down all the time. Any pictures or info how you have done this? Does it require custom brackets or do you use the stock ones with something removed?

Edit. Found this thread that goes through how to install it in a car that disnt originally have it:

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13202

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

I'm currently looking for a decent side mount IC for my future GE/GTE setup because I don't want to lose my active aero fxn.

I know garage Whifbitz has one, and it looks good, still researching other ones. There are decent amount of people that can make you a custom IC set up if need be, at least in the US, I don't know in the UK though.

Also, permanently down, is not a good idea if you are even factory lowered, I dunno how good the roads are the UK, but the roads in LA are shit and everytime the active aero is down, I can just hear scrapes and I cringe ever time that happens. Just FYI. [emoji1687][emoji482]

Edited by mr.gill (see edit history)

I'm currently looking for a decent side mount IC for my future GE/GTE setup because I don't want to lose my active aero fxn.

I know garage Whifbitz has one, and it looks good, still researching other ones. There are decent amount of people that can make you a custom IC set up if need be, at least in the US, I don't know in the UK though.

Also, permanently down, is not a good idea if you are even factory lowered, I dunno how good the roads are the UK, but the roads in LA are $#@! and everytime the active aero is down, I can just hear scrapes and I cringe ever time that happens. Just FYI. [emoji1687][emoji482]

/QUOTE]

Can’t go wrong with a Chris Wilson SMIC and I should know as I have one fitted to my Supra :) as I didn’t want to loose the front active spoiler working as well, I have managed 617.7 BHP using one with my setup.

Can’t go wrong with a Chris Wilson SMIC and I should know as I have one fitted to my Supra :) as I didn’t want to loose the front active spoiler working as well, I have managed 617.7 BHP using one with my setup.
Nice!!! Will definitely check it out. [emoji482][emoji1687]

My Supra used to have the active spoiler but it has been removed because of a FMIC and the parts disnt come with the car and I would like to refit one so that it is permanently down.

I know the active spoiler does not fit with a fmic but I know people have installed it so that it is down all the time. Any pictures or info how you have done this? Does it require custom brackets or do you use the stock ones with something removed?

Edit. Found this thread that goes through how to install it in a car that disnt originally have it:

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13202

Pretty sure when people have a FMIC and want the active spoiler blade permanently in the down position they use self taping screws and fix it to the bumper some how, have seen someone showing how to do it on here but can’t find it!

Hey buddy, where do I find a Chris Wilson IC? searching in Google and it's all used stuff for sale on forums... He's still in business or.... ? [emoji848]

Hey buddy, where do I find a Chris Wilson IC? searching in Google and it's all used stuff for sale on forums... He's still in business or.... ? [emoji848]

/QUOTE]

He is still on here and in business but if you want to get in touch with him you have to use his email in the screen shot below as he can’t do PM’s, prices may differ as that screen shot was taken from a post in 2010.

attachment.php?attachmentid=232490&stc=1&d=1560625057

BCC6A5D9-E300-49F8-9F90-1F4DF3D386FC.jpeg