The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E85 7th injector

Noz

Would there be a benefit to have a separate tank running e85 on a 7th injector into the intake. To trade fuel for e85 during lower end pulls. A little bit like nitrous.

But nitrous below 3k isn't safe. So a more aggressive response lower down.

Only a random idea.

Like a water/meth kit kind of thing? Not sure how you'd be able to go about it as the ECU would need to know the ethanol content so it can adjust the map. If the ethanol's coming off an independent system, it might be difficult to accurately measure the dosage you're adding. The fuel's need to be mixed prior to injection so a flex fuel sensor can pick that up. Might be easier to just integrate ethanol compatible components into the primary system. Interesting idea though, I bet someone somewhere has it working!

More like a pre spool kick. Like a nos shot for spool. But lower rpm.

I'm not totally sure it has the right mechanism in the ignition system to be used in such a way.

I may be totally mis understanding it's capabilities.

But only an idea!

Was thinking of the lowest usage but adding value to a system.

I think NOS and Ethanol serve different purposes so I'm not sure how they'd compare. My understanding is that NOS is basically power in a bottle whereas ethanol allows the ECU to push the boat out a little further with timing. So it's finding a way for the ECU to keep an eye on this that might be difficult to sort out. It would be bad news if the injector got stuck shut and the ECU doesn't know about it.

If you could sort that aspect out then maybe a constant volume entering the system inside an RPM window could be quantified and adjusted to suit!