The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Advise about the clutch for r154 gearbox

shervin_ice

Hi all

I’m planning to do auto to manual conversion to my other TT supra AS A project but I dnt know which clutch is good for what I want and also flywheel and pressure plate ,in future I’m planning to go around 550 BHP TO 600BHP Max so I need something to handle that sort of power and I like to have soft clutch pedal not hard

Thanks in advance

I've fitted a few clutches to R154 setup. I would say the most stock feeling pedal with easy engagement is Spec clutches.

Thanks for your reply ,

do I need use it with 1jz oem flywheel or lightweight flywheel? and do you recommend I should use 1jz oem pressure plate and do you know where is the best place to source that clutch ?

Thanks for your reply ,

do I need use it with 1jz oem flywheel or lightweight flywheel? and do you recommend I should use 1jz oem pressure plate and do you know where is the best place to source that clutch ?

/QUOTE]

You can use either normal or lightened flywheel. I normally go with factory flywheels

The clutch kit comes with friction plate, pressure plate, spigot bearing. Whifbitz stocks them.

You can use either normal or lightened flywheel. I normally go with factory flywheels

The clutch kit comes with friction plate, pressure plate, spigot bearing. Whifbitz stocks them.

I was looking at the Whifbitz website about the spec clutch’s there’s is 3 different stage 1 or 2 or 3 which one I should buy ?

Thanks Mike

Spec 3+ is the best clutch you could choose, without spending a fortune.

Tim at TBDev sourced one for me at a price lower than anyone else could match

/QUOTE]

+1 to that, I put a Stage3 + on and it drove like stock. was impressed

Spec 3+ is the best clutch you could choose, without spending a fortune.

Tim at TBDev sourced one for me at a price lower than anyone else could match

/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply

I’ll have to look around to see if I can find it cheaper [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well worth the investment. Just make sure you run it in properly, and make sure the clutch release bearing is properly greased upon installation. Nothing worse than a rattling release bearing!

/QUOTE]

Yes that for sure but do you know if Tim still can get that clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk