The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red red red red red

Mr2kyle

Hi there,

In the middle of having my car finally painted after an long and painful year long wait and I've been trying to find the original colour of the car. It's a 95 plate import and has been sprayed SEVERAL times to say the least. Were there many red options back then? 3L2 is as far as I have got really. I've also googled it but several different shades seem to pop up so if you can help out in any way with photos of your car ect please do.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand it says "super red" in the signature bar but I'm not totally sure it is anymore lol

Ok now it makes more sense to me and according to mkiv.com my car is painted in "super red clearcoat". Guessing this just means it has been painted red and then had a clearcoat applied to try and protect against oxidising over time? As you can probably tell I'm not a painter.

Mine is 3l2 renaissance red, also known as super red I believe. I think there are 3 variants of the colour, and I've just repainted mine which is slightly brighter than the factory red it was before.

It's not just the variant that can cause the colour to be off, it will also depend on the paint manufacturer as that can affect it, as well as number of coats, and primer colour.

imageimageimage