The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Certificare of Conformity

Swampy442

Looks like my Supra is going to Europe, but the potential buyer is asking about a C of C, does anybody have a link to one? Is it something you have to get from Toyota? Is it something I'd already have as part of the import documentation?

Never heard of it before.

Is this for type approval? IIRC we don’t need one to import to the UK usually, as it’s over 10 years old, hence I don’t think you’ll have one. I think they are normally obtained direct from the manufacturer. I tried getting one out of Mazda before, it was a road to nowhere.

Where in Europe ?

I'm doing imports here in Belgium, don't need any coc, doing the homologation properly to get the belgian coc is the main job...

Pretty much the same in Romania when it comes to registering.

Sadly, not only each country follows different rules for registering imports, but also each office in my country has different approach. I ended up to have my sup tested in Tuv Sud laboratory and their technical reports were enough for registration in Czech.... Took me 6 months though.

Sadly, not only each country follows different rules for registering imports, but also each office in my country has different approach. I ended up to have my sup tested in Tuv Sud laboratory and their technical reports were enough for registration in Czech.... Took me 6 months though.

Ok, thanks for the info. The buyer is sorting it out any way so he informed me

if it is for J-spec supra I have bad news, J spec supras have 12 digit Vin number and to have CoC your car need to have 17 digit Vin. I was applying for coc when I moved back to Poland and in V5C someone in DVLA forgot to put car category M1 (M1 personal car N1 Goods vehicle) and I was told that if my vin is only 12 digits nobody will give me COC

then I have started proces of registering my car in special way

firstly I was applying for special opinion from Car appraiser who gived me documents proving that my supra is passenger car not a truck. secondly i have send all documents to Warsaw to Ministry of Transport and I was waiting 3 months for permision to have my car with 12 digit vin registered. everything took me 8 months.

Link to web site where you can apply for CoC

https://www.eurococ.eu/en

Edited by sebas
adding link (see edit history)