The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crankshaft pulley price range

Bender

Hi im just about to change my crankshaft pulley as its the time for it and was checking internet for prices and im a bit confused as they are anything between £49 (non toyota) - £200(toyota made) and i just wonder its really worth it to buy oem toyota or those cheaper ones are good as well ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

The jury is out on whether the cheap ones are dynamically balanced. Genuine ones have drill 'dimples' in unique places on the face of them, suggesting they are finely balanced.
Thats what i spotted too unfortunately i cant see those drill 'dimples' on those cheap ones [emoji21]

I bought my OEM crank pulley in from the USA maybe three years ago. Landed taxes paid about 60% of the UK price, exchange rate isn't as favourable today but it'd still be worth looking at a few US Toyota part suppliers.
Do you have website what i can use it ? Dont mind waiting few weeks

Taken from this thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?351739-crank-pulley-gone

Posted by CW on page 2

Pitiful as in probably never balanced, just as is off the CNC. For laughs I put a Febest or whatever they are called on the balancer and it was a mile out. I too found it rather suspicious it had no drillings for balance... I have a mandrel for balancing the dampers separately from the crank, and for flywheels, the damned thing was jumping off the machine Balancing one, assuming the bonding is as good as OE puts the cost up there with an original, which have always proven bob on. It was customer supplied so after balancing I fitted it and it was hardly a a pull on fit on an unworn crank nose, too. So all in all rather suspect.

Its incredible to see from that old thread that the UK Toyota price for these was around £100 3 years ago and now its double that, Supra inflation I guess. The company I've used a few times is an independent dealer out of Atlanta, McGeorge. They were always good at follow up on email enquiries and back 3 years ago about half the price of your local Toyota dealer. Haven't used them since buying in that crankshaft pulley though.

Makes ma laugh that people now owning these cars don't want to pay the prices for the spares.

I have always use Paul, Chris, Keron, TCB or Mr T for my car. They are all old girls that need money spending on them.

Decent parts and maintenance is more important than body kits, strut braces and large flash wheels that need arches rolling.

eBay link does look like genuine articles mind so good luck

Makes ma laugh that people now owning these cars don't want to pay the prices for the spares.

I have always use Paul, Chris, Keron, TCB or Mr T for my car. They are all old girls that need money spending on them.

Decent parts and maintenance is more important than body kits, strut braces and large flash wheels that need arches rolling.

eBay link does look like genuine articles mind so good luck

Its not about not want to pay prices for the spares its about be smart and not overpaid for exact same part for ex on whifbitz website you can buy oem pulley for £311 and there is on ebay exact same oem part £130 choose its quite obvious...I dont say all those guys (Paul, Chris Keron TCB etc) are bad they actually quite good and I bought parts from them in past too just dont like overpaying. The one i found its located somwhere near Dubai and price seams the same as on amayama (which can be send from japan or dubai) plus lots of positive feedback looks legit to me.