The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tools for stem seal replacement

Glover

I've bought in a Lisle tool for removing the valve collets. Picked it up for under $30 in the US. I also bought in a air hose kit that thread into the spark plug hole so i can use compressed air to keep the valves seated rather than stuffing a rope into the cylinders. Theory being the engine won't then need turning but i might get scared and just take each cylinder to TDC anyway to avoid the risk of losing a valve when its being whacked.

I've bought in a Lisle tool for removing the valve collets. Picked it up for under $30 in the US. I also bought in a air hose kit that thread into the spark plug hole so i can use compressed air to keep the valves seated rather than stuffing a rope into the cylinders. Theory being the engine won't then need turning but i might get scared and just take each cylinder to TDC anyway to avoid the risk of losing a valve when its being whacked.

Perfect, thanks I’ll look at ordering that one!

Yeah I was thinking of doing it with compressed air instead. But with us doing the head gasket at the same time the head has to come off and I’m guessing I’ll be doing it differently anyways so I’ll see what’s the best option when we get started !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.