The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best oil filter/supplier of genuine Toyota oil filter

Nathanj1142

Hi all,

Should be picking my car up on the weekend, just want to do a full service. What sort of oil filter should I use on a non-VVTi n/a manual? Is there anyone that supplies genuine Toyota filters on here or can someone supply me with a parts reference and I’ll ask at my local Toyota?

Thanks!!

Nathan

I bought one from the agents last week for nothing as well as the motor I intended to use it on, looks like its kaput so will need more than a new filter and oil to get it working again.

I would have sold it to you but will keep it for later besides, the shipping would be a bit much.

Go to agents and buy it mate. The filter with sump washer was around $40, discounted I paid roughly $25.

On my side, the system was showing up as discontinued for 2jzgte engine of supra. So I referenced an IS300 Lexus with 2jzge motor and its the same filter used on Toyota Hi Ace van as well as Toyota Hilux.

On the box it will indicate the engines it can be used on and did mention for 1jz/2jz

Either Whifbitz or Keron at Extreme performance should be able to sort you a genuine Toyota oil filter, will be cheaper than going to Toyota.

Sound advice. You can use Toyota as a backup. One thing I've always done is fit genuine oil filters though - not pattern parts.

You could go with larger capacity filter from Lexus v8s

I'd advise against that, unless you're running something like a single turbo. Fitting a bigger filter might change how quickly the oil flows around the engine. It's more likely to cause problems than to eliminate them on a stock engine.

I'd advise against that, unless you're running something like a single turbo. Fitting a bigger filter might change how quickly the oil flows around the engine. It's more likely to cause problems than to eliminate them on a stock engine.

Put 40k on my UK supra 5k oil changes never had issue. From memory i read better filtration ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.