The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water pump

mr bean

So my Supra has been converted to an Aristo 2jz gte vvti twin turbo engine. Im in need of a Water pump and ive Googled to see if there same and a few people are saying the supra 2J water pump wont work. Can anyone shed any light on this.

I also dont run the standard viscous fan i have ally rad with twin slim line fan set up

Thanks

From what I understand the Aristo water pump has a hydraulic system built into it that controls the standard radiator fan. Supra's just use mechanical drive from the crank.

So you could find a way to block off/negate the hydraulic system in the Aristo water pump or just fit a Supra one for a cleaner finish. Problem with blocking off the Aristo hydraulic system is that you may run the risk of running it dry or freezing the whole thing.

From what I understand the Aristo water pump has a hydraulic system built into it that controls the standard radiator fan. Supra's just use mechanical drive from the crank.

Thats the Mk1 Aristo no VVTI (JZS147) The Mk2 Aristo VVTI has a different part number to the Supra pump, but Im sure they're exactly the same