The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best engine option for 94 N/A 5 speed manual?

Kearney

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been brought up a few times but, as every year passes new options pop up and pricing changes etc.

I have a 94 Sz 5 speed manual. I want to do either one of the below but just can't make my mind up!

Aristo 2jzgte vvti swap

Chaser/soarer 1jzgte vvti swap

1.5jz non vvti

Na-t garage whifbitz kit

Na-t Xs power kit

I plan on just keeping the W58 for the minute and my plan was to make around 350bhp. I have a 500bhp R33 GTR aswell so I am not chasing after big power. I just want a nice road car I can occasionally track.

I have bought a ECU masters Det3 and fitted a walbro fuel pump.

I am just looking for some advice on what would be the best option in terms of value for money.

My budget is €3.5k but can stretch more if needs be.

Suggestions?

If you want to keep the same gearbox I'd choose a turbo that won't exceed 300hp.

Above that you see people pop them.

It's difficult to get 300hp due to the typical size of turbo for the supra setup.

W58. Turbo. Reliability. Aren't words that are usually expected to have any commonality dude

It is an aristo engine. Im not with the engine so will get pics as soon as i can. Price for complete engine and all ancillaries. Millage was 72k miles. £3750

Is that as is out of an aristo or is it converted to rear sump with wiring etc as well for a supra? Jdm distro in ireland quoted me €3500 for a full 2jzgte vvti aristo setup with afm, igniter, ecu, loom etc

This :yeahthat: I done this conversion a few years ago

Tried and tested time and time again. Great combination.

Yeah it is. Ill have to find a propshaft too yeah?