The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTB MKIV titanum keys

Herb

Hi there!

I know this might be a long shot however I'm looking for one (or even more) uncut MKIV titanium keys that were available some time ago (see attached picture for reference).

Tried to contact the manufacturer with no response and everybody else that sold them back in the day seems to be sold out.

Maybe somebody on here bought in bunch quantites and is willing to sell.

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,

Herb

PS:

I do have some other rare MKIV key blanks from Japan. So maybe somebody is intereseted in a swap...

Hi there!

I know this might be a long shot however I'm looking for one (or even more) uncut MKIV titanium keys that were available some time ago (see attached picture for reference).

Tried to contact the manufacturer with no response and everybody else that sold them back in the day seems to be sold out.

Maybe somebody on here bought in bunch quantites and is willing to sell.

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,

Herb

PS:

I do have some other rare MKIV key blanks from Japan. So maybe somebody is intereseted in a swap...

Groin buy if you find someone who makes them maybe

Herb, I assume you know the OEM keys are made from brass? Ti is an extremely strong metal, stronger if it is aero grade and much stronger than steel.

Brass is a "soft" metal and self lubricating in it's nature so Brass keys won't damage the steel tumblers in the ignition barrel or door/boot locks. The OEM key is designed to wear down over time rather than wear down the tumblers.

Personally I think using Ti for a key in our locks which are now anywhere from 17 - 26 years old is asking for trouble.

Herb, I assume you know the OEM keys are made from brass? Ti is an extremely strong metal, stronger if it is aero grade and much stronger than steel.

Brass is a "soft" metal and self lubricating in it's nature so Brass keys won't damage the steel tumblers in the ignition barrel or door/boot locks. The OEM key is designed to wear down over time rather than wear down the tumblers.

Personally I think using Ti for a key in our locks which are now anywhere from 17 - 26 years old is asking for trouble.

Gotta agree.

Yea this is what put me off getting one originally

Thank you very much for your replies!

I didn't think about it regarding the damage it could cause due to the fact those were made out of titanium.

However it defintely makes sense just as Frank describes it.

So I guess I will stay with my brass keys then in favour of a healthy iginition barrel. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.