The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler Removal

npotts

Alright guys

I was speaking to Gaz (aka Silvermachine) the other day regarding the removal of my rear spoiler. To be honest I like the look of the Supra without them on.....

He mentioned that it could have an effect on the handling and that I would possibly need to adjust the alignment of the rear wheels to cater for the spoiler being removed - hope I got this right Gaz??]

Anyway, does anyone know if this is the case or have any experiance of removing the spoiler? Any advice would be appreciated....

Nick

Not sure if my figures are accurate, but I'm sure I've read some official toyota blurb that said the stock rear spoiler provided 65 lb of downforce at 90MPH. You just need to look at how you drive and what effect, if any, the lack of spoiler would have on you. :)

Guest Soop Dragon

Take it off- they look daft... I took mine off and love the smoother look, plus as a bonus i attract less attention from chavs and barry boys. And as for the point of having to get the back end realigned- this is absolute chuff. Some folks think supras are finely tuned racing cars- they are not- it's just a big corolla with an ironing board stuck on the boot. As if it needs more down force- it already weighs about 3 tonnes..!

Hi i'm new to the site by the way, and i'd just like to add that i hate body kits aswell- especially those horrendous chin spoilers that look like they're made out of tupperware- pah! I always thought the way to make a car look cool is to take things off it, not stick things on.

Reckon mine will be a voice in the wilderness, but someone's gotta say it.

Some folks think supras are finely tuned racing cars- they are not- it's just a big corolla with an ironing board stuck on the boot.

:taped:

Errrr... you do know this is the Supra owners clud don't you!!

Not the 'best' first post you could have made.

Spoiler is fine but I can see why some people don't like it.

The car looks 95% better than most other makes with OR without IMO

but the best option would be a TRD Spoiler.

That looks the bogs

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have to say that I have never been a fan of the large spoiler on the back. Personally I think they look far too chavvy for my taste - each to there own of course.

If it isnt going to effect the handling, then I think I will get it removed and resprayed. I can always put it back on if it does effect the handling, although from what you de-spoiled guys are saying, it looks like it is simply there for cosmetic purposes....

Cheers

Nick